Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

bootser wrote: »
    When I enquired I was told it was 1199 for the tethered, so I'd say well done!
    I think a mistake was made

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

xboxdad wrote: »
    Is this also before grant?

Yes those prices are before the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Do you guys know how much does a standard/basic installation cost in Dublin approximately (I supply the charger)?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Do you guys know how much does a standard/basic installation cost in Dublin approximately (I supply the charger)?

I paid about €530 for a standard enough install back in March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If I buy the charger online (Andersen, UK) what documentation do I need to request / keep so that SEAI will accept it as cost?

None. They're not interested in where you bought it or how much you paid.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    None. They're not interested in where you bought it or how much you paid.

This matters, as if you get it installed for €400, and have no receipt for purchase of the unit, you'll only be given €400 and not €600

They request a copy of the receipt for the charger + the invoice for the install to ensure that both total over the €600 maximum grant amount, otherwise they might give less than the €600.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

This matters, as if you get it installed for €400, and have no receipt for purchase of the unit, you'll only be given €400 and not €600

They request a copy of the receipt for the charger + the invoice for the install to ensure that both total over the €600 maximum grant amount, otherwise they might give less than the €600.

Are you sure? Maybe a more recent change? It's been said here in the past that they don't need that and I believe there was at least one person who made a small profit by getting a second hand one installed for under the €600. It's also not listed among the documents they need listed on their own site.
    Post your Payment Request Form to the address indicated on the Form together with the following items:
    Fully signed and completed Payment Request Form including bank account details
    Certificate Number 3
    Copy of Test Record sheet from Electrician
    Vehicle Registration Form (not required for a New car purchased in Ireland)
    Photographs of the installed charge point and the EV showing vehicle registration plate

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I paid about €530 for a standard enough install back in March

Hi can I ask how long the installation took just seems a lot to connect up a home charger. That is a weeks wages for most people, understand he has a qualification but sill €530.

wush06 wrote: »
    Hi can I ask how long the installation took just seems a lot to connect up a home charger. That is a weeks wages for most people, understand he has a qualification but sill €530.

Took about 2 hours and it was 2 guys (him & his apprentice).

I was just happy to get someone to install as I’m still waiting on a call back from Nigel Daly (3 months later despite being promised by both Nigel & the secretary id be called to confirm install date the following day)

They request a copy of the receipt for the charger

Do I need to request anything special or the usual online purchase confirmation email will do? Andersen is a well known UK brand I'm just going to order it from their online shop.

• Advertisement

Do I need to request anything special or the usual online purchase confirmation email will do? Andersen is a well known UK brand I'm just going to order it from their online shop.

I just printed the pdf invoice I received from Tesla for mine, and that seemed sufficient.

I’d say a printed confirmation email would do, just as long as they can see the purchase price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve posted this before.

They do not request any copy of a receipt for the charger
    Or an invoice from the electrician.

There is a part of the form where you film out how much the charger was and how much fitting was so you fill in what you want here.
    I bought my charger on Facebook and had my sparks mate fit it.

Full grant paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Tomorrow. It will be 6 weeks since I applied for the grant,

Anybody else waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭eagerv

ltd440 wrote: »
    Tomorrow. It will be 6 weeks since I applied for the grant,

Anybody else waiting?

Received €600 grant 2 weeks ago. It took 9 weeks and 2 days from when they received paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

When I enquired I was told it was 1199 for the tethered, so I'd say well done!
    yep that's the price for tethered, just double checked

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClareGirl70

Felexicon wrote: »
    Yeah everything is controlled through the app. It's a good unit. Very reliable and nice neet design
    chewed wrote: »
    Anyone using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus? Someone recommended this to me. I don't see any interface on it. So I assume it's all set up and monitored via an app?

Can anyone advise where I could buy one of these units directly, separate from an installation bundle.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClareGirl70

Trying to decide whether I really need a smart charger or not? My eNiro will come with the UVO app, so do I really need a charger with an app? What additional benefits would I get from a smart charger?
    I’ve just been on to Electric Ireland and they now have a non-smart version of the EO Mini, tethered, available for €899 installed.
    So trying to decide what features I really need.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Trying to decide whether I really need a smart charger or not? My eNiro will come with the UVO app, so do I really need a charger with an app? What additional benefits would I get from a smart charger?
    I’ve just been on to Electric Ireland and they now have a non-smart version of the EO Mini, tethered, available for €899 installed.

If your car's app has scheduled charging and it can show the level of charge in your vehicle then you do not need a smart charger at all imo.

There may be some smart chargers with real power user features like historical usage charts or something, but they're not worth it (and you can get an energy monitor for your entire house that would be better value).

The EO Mini (not the Pro version) for that price is an absolute bargain. I have one for my i3 and it looks really clean and tidy and works excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Can anyone advise where I could buy one of these units directly, separate from an installation bundle.
    Thanks.

you can buy on amazon.co.uk

I just had the black pulsarplus installed this morning with the sensor for power shower use. Took about 3 hrs for 1 person, the fuse board was too full, so had to install an extra box. The sensor was the clamp on type which made it more difficult too.

Price was fixed (1275 euros for unit and install) , so no extra charges, looks neat from the outside (except those LEDs that are going to get covered in tape), bit of trunking inside that doesn't bother me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Has anyone got a Tesla charger with the dip switch changed to allow any Type 2 to charge off it.
    Interested as I want to change my untethered to a Tesla tethered but need to charge our Gen 1 Leaf also (type 1).
    I've read that once the dip switch is changed then okay to charge a Leaf but also seeing conflicting reports...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

I went for a 'smart' unit so it handles an electric shower and other spikes, giving max charge rate, so when I charge the car I know it will fully charge over night. It has metrics and stuff, so does the car, but won't look at either after a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,899 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Is €900 a good price for supply, fitting and certification of an EO Mini?
    My house is precabled from the consumer unit to an outdoor junction box with 32A cable, so installer just has to put fuse at consumer unit, install isolation switch outside and actually connect the charger. I've a BMW530e with the app so I dont need smart charger. No power shower. We do have solar PV but it's only a 1kWh system with no battery and the car is mostly gone during the day time so dont see a point in doing anything with solar PV.

Is that one provided by ESB any good - EO mini.

Is it smart / reasonably future proofed ?

Any other route you can go - if you buy your own charger , can this be claimed against SEAI grant ?

Also - a daft question why go tethered or not. Cable looks very big awkward on such a small outlet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any other route you can go - if you buy your own charger , can this be claimed against SEAI grant ?
    Yes, buy used off eBay UK if you want once you have an invoice

Also - a daft question why go tethered or not. Cable looks very big awkward on such a small outlet.
    Purely convenience (usually if home charging a lot) to save dragging the cable from your boot

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

How long do Electric Ireland take to get back after filing out their form online?

I filled it out last week, and nothing, not even an acknowledgement.

Phoned them today, and they aid they would call back in an hour, nothing...

Is this normal? do you have to hound them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,899 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes, buy used off eBay UK if you want once you have an invoice

Purely convenience (usually if home charging a lot) to save dragging the cable from your boot

Thanks - yes great stuff on You Tube.

Anyone got a EO Mini Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

kierank01 wrote:
    Is this normal? do you have to hound them?

Can be slow getting back to u. There seems to be only one guy(Pierce) who looks after the EV chargers. Try not to miss the call back(it'll b an unknown number)!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Be interested to see what you go for! Am thinking the EI route too, fixed price and us e-Niro users don't need the smarts since the car and app gives us the feedback we need

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just wondering - why isn't there a Home Charging FAQ pinned in this forum? There's so much of this thread that is re-asking the same questions that I think it'd be very useful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Can be slow getting back to u. There seems to be only one guy(Pierce) who looks after the EV chargers. Try not to miss the call back(it'll b an unknown number)!

+1

• Advertisement

I found this in our meter box: 60/80A, Series 7, Type II a., 415V. B.S. 88.

Is it expensive to upgrade to a 100A fuse?
    Who does it? The 3rd party installer or I need to contact Electric Ireland or ESB?

Thanks.

Advertisement