Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

zg3409 wrote: »
    You need to include a photo of the car with the reg showing, I suspect the same car getting the grant twice might be suspicious. You may also have insurance/legal issues if car is not registered to the address where it is normally kept. Would the owner surname be the same?

I would check the small print and any insurance or if penalty points were posted out to the registered address and you never got the letter in time.

If that works we could all chip in for a boards.ie EV we buy for a month and all claim the grant at every address we can think of using the same car passed around.

Yeah, I would be the registered owner still. No different to moving house

• Registered Users Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

All sorted and installed (the EO Smart Mini), a couple of quick questions...

Can't get the app working, it downloaded but isn't saying the carcis charging when it is. The play store has poor reviews for the app (the blue one) and installee said it cam be temperamental. There is a white app, is that any better?

And another dumb question, what is to stop someone from plugging in to charge while you are not home.

the white one is for the EO Pro i believe the blue one is the one for your set up

mine works ok on ios its pretty basic though

to the second qn nothing really, i have cctv and my charger only works on night time rates but that aside :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭eagerv

All sorted and installed (the EO Smart Mini), a couple of quick questions...

Can't get the app working, it downloaded but isn't saying the carcis charging when it is. The play store has poor reviews for the app (the blue one) and installee said it cam be temperamental. There is a white app, is that any better?

And another dumb question, what is to stop someone from plugging in to charge while you are not home.

A risky thing to do for the sake of a few Euros.

A bigger risk I would have thought is the unit being stolen. They aren't exactly cheap and now with the cut-off switch being installed there is less chance of the scrote frying himself..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zg3409 wrote: »
    You need to include a photo of the car with the reg showing

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Since when?

not sure but it was on the form i get in march

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    not sure but it was on the form i get in march

I applied and was accepted last week. No mention of a car pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You will have to send more documentation and proof to actually get the grant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Its on the form I am filling in to post off now.

Clear photo of the charger installed
    Clear photo of the car reg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Applied for grant approval about 4:15 Monday afternoon. Approval came in the post this morning, Wednesday! Didn’t expect it that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

JohnC. wrote: »
    Applied for grant approval about 4:15 Monday afternoon. Approval came in the post this morning, Wednesday! Didn’t expect it that fast.

Yea approval is pretty quick. Getting an installation is another matter. Nearly 4 weeks since I paid electric Ireland and not a peep.

• Advertisement

My installer is due hopefully within 2 weeks. Full solar install at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Just throwing it out there - I *might* get a new charger in the next month or so to replace my Zappi Gen 1 - Type 2 connector, Hub and CT Clamp.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing that off me?

Reason for sale is that I am unlikely to get Solar in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

ustari wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking at potentially purchasing a 16/17 XC90 hybrid. The electric functionality doesn't seem great on it in terms of distance but would suit me for the majority of journeys and it is cheaper to import due to lower VRT.

I have that using a normal 13A socket it takes 7 hours or so to charger.

Would be willing to install a charger for the long term especially with the grant.

Some questions:
    Are there tethered chargers that people would recommend that includes or allows for 2 charging cables? Wife's current car is diesel but can see her next being at least hybrid so perhaps opportunity to future proof our home somewhat for that. Would probably need to 6 or 7 metres (depending on location of charge point on car).
    There is an existing external socket on the house that is IP66, would this make the install any easier?

We are a private residence so could install where we want but think the existing socket location would work relatively well.

Thank you.

You realistically will hardly ever need to fast charge two vehicles each night. If you have a phev and a bev put the bev on the charger and use your existing external socket with the granny charger for the phev. It's unlikely you'd be using the full range of a bev every day also.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Its on the form I am filling in to post off now.

Clear photo of the charger installed
    Clear photo of the car reg

How do you send pictures to them?
    Do I need to go somewhere to get them printed in color and send everything via post?
    ...or can it be done fully or partially via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

xboxdad wrote:
    How do you send pictures to them? Do I need to go somewhere to get them printed in color and send everything via post? ...or can it be done fully or partially via email?

Yes. They won't accept anything by email. I have a basic colour printer at home so was able to print them out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

chewed wrote: »
    Yes. They won't accept anything by email....

2020 and don't accept email, all that time/effort/ink/paper wasted, honestly:rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yes. They won't accept anything by email. I have a basic colour printer at home so was able to print them out.

Doesn't actually say they have to be colour and our printer is B&W.

Took a photo of each on my phone and printed both from there, came out very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Doesn't actually say they have to be colour and our printer is B&W.

Took a photo of each on my phone and printed both from there, came out very clear.

We have a B&W printer too. Did they accept your photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

slave1 wrote: »
    2020 and don't accept email, all that time/effort/ink/paper wasted, honestly:rolleyes:

This from the Sustainable energy authority of Ireland, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

MJohnston wrote: »
    This from the Sustainable energy authority of Ireland, no less.

In fairness paper is a renewable resource.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 dub3075

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place I can purchase an EO mini. Have an electrician to do the installation for me.

Anyone using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus? I got one installed the other day. I was able to connect via Bluetooth and play around with the app. Then I changed connectivity to wifi, using my main router. A few hours later, it disconnected. I had to go out and reconnect via Bluetooth and set up the wifi again. Next day the wifi disappeared again and my router wasn't even listed anymore, or any of the other routers around the area!

Also, whenever I want to connect via Bluetooth i have to have the Location settings ON. I wasn't able to pair the phone with the Wallbox itself.

Not sure if this is an issue with the wallbox itself, or my wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

mp3guy wrote: »
    In fairness paper is a renewable resource.

Renewable doesn't necessarily mean sustainable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Anyone using the Wallbox Pulsar Plus? I got one installed the other day. I was able to connect via Bluetooth and play around with the app. Then I changed connectivity to wifi, using my main router. A few hours later, it disconnected. I had to go out and reconnect via Bluetooth and set up the wifi again. Next day the wifi disappeared again and my router wasn't even listed anymore, or any of the other routers around the area!

Also, whenever I want to connect via Bluetooth i have to have the Location settings ON. I wasn't able to pair the phone with the Wallbox itself.

Not sure if this is an issue with the wallbox itself, or my wifi.

What software version is on your unit?

To check, connect through bluetooth, hit the settings cog in top right corner and then choose charger info

Seems you can disable the EO Mini in the app say if you are going away by pressing the lock in the app.

Or put a small padlock on isolator or flick the switch on fuse board.

Felexicon wrote:
    What software version is on your unit?

Felexicon wrote:
    To check, connect through bluetooth, hit the settings cog in top right corner and then choose charger info

It says 4.3.14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It says 4.3.14

Yeah you should be ok with that.

Is your router far from the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dub3075 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the cheapest place I can purchase an EO mini. Have an electrician to do the installation for me.

I need to know the same,

Who's the Irish distributors?

Felexicon wrote:
    Is your router far from the charger?

No. Only about 6 metres.

• Advertisement

I need to know the same,

Who's the Irish distributors?

You could contact the manufacturer directly, they are also on twitter.

https://www.eocharging.com/contact-us

Advertisement