Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

Anyone having issues in getting paid the grant by SEAI?
    Its over 11 weeks since they received all the relevant documentation. I have followed up twice in the last few weeks

2 weeks ago I got this update
    "There was a little bit of a delay getting paperwork back from our partners but yours was approved for payment late last week so payment should be made either late this week or early next week. "

This week I got this update
    " Unfortunately until the COVID situation and social distancing measures are no longer necessary to protect Staff at Offices in the Republic delays will unfortunately be inevitable across all sectors. I would hope that this will be resolved shortly."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭eagerv

Potato Man wrote: »
    Anyone having issues in getting paid the grant by SEAI?
    Its over 11 weeks since they received all the relevant documentation. I have followed up twice in the last few weeks

2 weeks ago I got this update
    "There was a little bit of a delay getting paperwork back from our partners but yours was approved for payment late last week so payment should be made either late this week or early next week. "

This week I got this update
    " Unfortunately until the COVID situation and social distancing measures are no longer necessary to protect Staff at Offices in the Republic delays will unfortunately be inevitable across all sectors. I would hope that this will be resolved shortly."

Ours took over 10 weeks during lockdown, hopefully you will get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I need to know the same,

Who's the Irish distributors?

Darkin Electrical

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

slave1 wrote: »
    You can use the 20a cable, it will just charge slower than 32, never actually heard of a 20a type 2 cable before, kinda no mans land

The yellow one that came with my car is a 16a/20a. Remind me to show it and the 32a to you tomorrow, the difference in them is massive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

charlieIRL wrote: »
    The yellow one that came with my car is a 16a/20a. Remind me to show it and the 32a to you tomorrow, the difference in them is massive!!

yeah the lower amp cables are quite light 32amps are proper units!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

And another dumb question, what is to stop someone from plugging in to charge while you are not home.

An oft asked question on the forum. EVM did a good explanation of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

KCross wrote: »
    An oft asked question on the forum. EVM did a good explanation of it...

I’d also add to that - unless you have an extra long tethered cable or an extremely wide driveway, there’s basically no chance anyone could plug their EV in whilst yours is in the driveway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

MJohnston wrote: »
    I’d also add to that - unless you have an extra long tethered cable or an extremely wide driveway, there’s basically no chance anyone could plug their EV in whilst yours is in the driveway.

Was more if say you are away on holiday, although we don't have tetheted anyway.

Since I posted i found out you can lock the chsrger via the app, padlock the isolator or knock it off at the fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Was more if say you are away on holiday, although we don't have tetheted anyway.

Since I posted i found out you can lock the chsrger via the app, padlock the isolator or knock it off at the fuse board.

Your last comment is what you would do if you were away for a few weeks if you are worried someone would be stupid enough to try that.

I guess it might be a possibility in the likes of a holiday home. A tight neighbour might take advantage.

KCross wrote: »
    Your last comment is what you would do if you were away for a few weeks if you are worried someone would be stupid enough to try that.

I guess it might be a possibility in the likes of a holiday home. A tight neighbour might take advantage.

Yeah i don't know how bad the problem of stealing power really is, anyway the app is the easiest way to control. Our driveway is quote open hence the initial concern.

• Advertisement

I think I would just flick the switch on the distribution board if we were going away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

eagerv wrote: »
    I think I would just flick the switch on the distribution board if we were going away for a while.

Could this possibly fault or unprogram your smart component ?

I don't know, but have tried it for about 6 hours and all settings were still the same as before on our Zappi2.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

No, wont effect it, any modern electronics store all settings in non volatile memory, besides how else could it handle power cuts if it forgot everything if it was turned off.

Besides that, the first thing in trouble shooting is turn it off and on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My Tesla charger is a 'dumb' charger, as the car manages the timing of the charging...

I'll simply be turning it off from the distribution board when I go away for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If someone connects to my wall box the app notifies me, I’ll just crank it down to 6amps and let them enjoy the wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

If someone connects to my wall box the app notifies me, I’ll just crank it down to 6amps and let them enjoy the wait :D

My 10 year daughter has discovered this and has pranked me a couple of times :mad:. She also did it to her uncle and cousin when she wanted them to stay longer and not go home. She got an extra hour anyway, smart girl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Does any one know the labour and material costs for electric Ireland charger? Seai sent the application back because I forgot to fill it out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

goob20s wrote: »
    Does any one know the labour and material costs for electric Ireland charger? Seai sent the application back because I forgot to fill it out

The installer should have included that info!! Call them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭C@t

If you do find out, can you post it here please? I had mine installed on Monday and the installer told me SEAI would contact Electric Ireland for that info..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

C@t wrote: »
    If you do find out, can you post it here please? I had mine installed on Monday and the installer told me SEAI would contact Electric Ireland for that info..

Your installer was talking out of his hoop.

You should get an itemized invoice with costs split out between parts and labour

C@t wrote: »
    That's what my installer just told me. I'm waiting for a receipt by email from ei.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭C@t

That's what my installer just told me. I'm waiting for a receipt by email from ei.

Ok thanks, I’ll give them a call and see if I can get the same. Luckily I saw your post before I popped the forms in the post!

Balls I just put the €1099 figure, guess ours will be returned too.

What effin difference does it make to the SEAI?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClareGirl70

Balls I just put the €1099 figure, guess ours will be returned too.

What effin difference does it make to the SEAI?

My installer also told me that SEAI would contact Electric Ireland for the details and that I didn’t need to fill in costs. However, I decided to write in the total anyway, just in case, and they haven’t queried it.
    They have, however, returned my documentation because “We have been unable to verify your new vehicle registration details”. Apparently the dealer hasn’t submitted the ‘Transaction Completion Form’......but I’ve just spoken to SEAI and if I send them a copy of my Vehicle Registration Cert it will suffice. He also confirmed that the rest of my application was fine, so there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the installation cost total on the form.

The ei receipt just says cost 899 euro. No labour or material costs written down so I'll just be writing 899 total down and hopefully it's not sent back again

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

I filled in the total value and included a photocopy of the receipt i got from Electric Ireland with the application. It's been a few weeks and they haven't rejected it yet.

The ei receipt just says cost 899 euro. No labour or material costs written down so I'll just be writing 899 total down and hopefully it's not sent back again

What kind of chsrger are EI selling for €899 out of interest? Thought they only sold ones that were €1099 (unthethered) and €1199 (tethered)

What kind of chsrger are EI selling for €899 out of interest? Thought they only sold ones that were €1099 (unthethered) and €1199 (tethered)
    eo mini tethered(non smart)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

eo mini tethered(non smart)

Good deal that

Advertisement