Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Home charge points (purchase/problems/questions) (See mod note post#1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Got a quote off a crowd but they won’t upgrade the fusebox tails. With all the Christmas rush I’ve forgotten why they wouldn’t do that themselves.

Do I get the ESB to do this or an electrician to do it first and then the ESB to verify it? Currently an electric ireland customer too. Not sure why the installer can’t do it themselves. Would prefer the installer to just do the whole job.

You need an rec to come out and install the new mains. He then tests the entire installation and forwards the certificate to safe electric who process the certificate onto the Esbn system. Esbn issue you an invoice and when payment is received they connect new mains cables to their meter.

Note:as part of the testing of the existing installation,if any issues are discovered then these will need to be rectified before a certificate can be issued

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gael23 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy the charger unit, or does that depend on what you want?

Depends on what you need/want.
    If your comfortable ordering separate etc

Personally I’m buying a plug and charge unit on Amazon (QUBEV). It’s a 32a (7kw) charger and I’ll get a sparks to connect up and hopefully the grant will cover most of not all the install.

Some people want smart chargers, PV adaptable chargers, WiFi, data sharing etc
    It really depends on what you want personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Gumbo wrote: »
    Depends on what you need/want.
    If your comfortable ordering separate etc

Personally I’m buying a plug and charge unit on Amazon (QUBEV). It’s a 32a (7kw) charger and I’ll get a sparks to connect up and hopefully the grant will cover most of not all the install.

Some people want smart chargers, PV adaptable chargers, WiFi, data sharing etc
    It really depends on what you want personally.

Would like some smart tech but no need for solar capability.
    I like the Evbox Elvi but open to others

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy a Zappi charger in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Aph2016 wrote: »

Do you want to have it installed aswell, or do you just want the unit itself...?
    My installer will do it for €960, if there's not too much distance to the fuse board or €1100 if it's a longer run of cable.
    PM Sent with details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Aph2016 wrote: »

I bought direct from MyEnergy, when I looked around I couldn't find them any cheaper

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I’m not sure Zappi is best. Was originally drawn to the Eo Mini Pro but the need for an Earth rod is off putting. Like the Evbox Elvi just now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Anyone else applied for the SEAI grant recently? Waiting almost 8 weeks now for payment.

I’m not sure Zappi is best. Was originally drawn to the Eo Mini Pro but the need for an Earth rod is off putting. Like the Evbox Elvi just now

I thought the new one (v2) didn't need it's own earth rod?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,063 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Earth rod is a uk requirement not Ireland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

We don't need earths, because we are already well grounded....

rx8 wrote: »
    Do you want to have it installed aswell, or do you just want the unit itself...?
    My installer will do it for €960, if there's not too much distance to the fuse board or €1100 if it's a longer run of cable.
    PM Sent with details.

Would you mind sending me his details aswell please .

Cyrus wrote: »
    Would you mind sending me his details aswell please .

Sent now, and to traume and 403Forbidden too

Load balancing seems important, does the EO Mini have this? Or what does if not?

Load balancing seems important, does the EO Mini have this? Or what does if not?

You need to buy the ALM module as well, doesn't cost much extra but you need to wire it to the charger

Can't remember for sure but you might need the EO Mini Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Can't remember for sure but you might need the EO Mini Pro

Basic EO Mini can use the ALM just fine.

Ionised wrote: »
    Basic EO Mini can use the ALM just fine.

Is the EO Mini the best one to go for with this? I’m not sold on Zappi.
    Evbox Elvi looks another good option

Is the EO Mini the best one to go for with this? I’m not sold on Zappi.
    Evbox Elvi looks another good option

I can only talk about my experience with the EO Mini, but thus far it has been flawless.
    My Cooper SE manages any charging times etc and the EO just supplies the power when needed. Its also pretty neat on the wall.

I can only talk about my experience with the EO Mini, but thus far it has been flawless.
    My Cooper SE manages any charging times etc and the EO just supplies the power when needed. Its also pretty neat on the wall.

Same as that although I use the app to schedule charging as Audi have made it far too complicated from the car !!

Do you have the pro or just the basic one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

PM Sent with details.

Morning,

Could I get their details also please?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

PM Sent with details.

Can you pm me the details too please.

Can you pm me the details too please.

Sent to both now. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

Sent to both now. Best of luck with it.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

PM Sent with details.

Hi Rx8, grateful if you could pm me his details as well.

Killer K wrote: »
    Hi Rx8, grateful if you could pm me his details as well.

Done

Does the price Electric Ireland quote for the EO Mini include the ALM unit or is that extra? Have an electric shower so looks like it’s needed

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Does the price Electric Ireland quote for the EO Mini include the ALM unit or is that extra? Have an electric shower so looks like it’s needed

It is included as part of the install of the unit

Do you have the pro or just the basic one?

Just the basic EO Mini with the ALM unit

• Advertisement

How much are we talking for the Andersen?

Advertisement