Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sisters Wedding

• 08-02-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

My sister is getting married in August of this year. Its an outdoorsy - relaxed wedding but I would still like to get something really nice to wear for the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Me:
    38 (oh my god, i'm 38..when did that happen!)
    5ft 4in
    Size 12 ( unrealistically aiming to be a 10 by Aug)
    2 small boys to run after during the day
    planning on eating (i.e nothing too tight)

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

Have you had a look at Coast? They have some really lovely stuff. Their sales can be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Try Hybrid, their clothes are fab.
    I have bought online and from some local boutiques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I would try a maxi dress or jumpsuit, you can start of with a little headpiece and high heels then take off headpiece and change to flat sandals as the evening goes on . Finding something warm for your shoulders for evening may be hard- would a denim jacket be too casual, or a light leather type pastel jacket maybe .

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

I would try a maxi dress or jumpsuit, you can start of with a little headpiece and high heels then take off headpiece and change to flat sandals as the evening goes on . Finding something warm for your shoulders for evening may be hard- would a denim jacket be too casual, or a light leather type pastel jacket maybe .

Just to add to the maxi dress suggestion... If it's outdoorsy in the evening, stick on a pair of yoga pants under the dress if it's chilly! I wore a maxi dress to the second day of a wedding last summer and this was a brilliant solution to the cool temp of the evening :)

Advertisement