Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Folkster for mother of bride

• 08-02-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Im in my early 50s daughter getting married in april , i love folkster clothes do you think they are too young for me... Mutton dressed as lamb sort of way. I detest the mother of bride standard type of clothes amd cant imagine wearing them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Im in my early 50s daughter getting married in april , i love folkster clothes do you think they are too young for me... Mutton dressed as lamb sort of way. I detest the mother of bride standard type of clothes amd cant imagine wearing them

I wouldn't know that much about Folkster but my Mam got her outfit by a designer called Shauna Fay based in Newry. She's only in her early 50's too and didn't want the usual mother of the bride look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Can you post up an example of something similar to what you want to wear?
    Obviously there is a big range of clothing and some of it maybe be less appropriate then others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't understand the obsession with a "mother of the bride" outfit. Like, just wear whatever makes you feel great on what's a big day. Like, wear what you'd normally wear to a wedding but, maybe a bit "fancier".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I don't understand the obsession with a "mother of the bride" outfit. Like, just wear whatever makes you feel great on what's a big day. Like, wear what you'd normally wear to a wedding but, maybe a bit "fancier".

I second this !!! Early 50s is a young mother of the bride so wear something you love and Feck what anyone thinks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sarahsiddons

GingerLily wrote: »
    Can you post up an example of something similar to what you want to wear?
    Obviously there is a big range of clothing and some of it maybe be less appropriate then others.

I dont have the exact picture basicially its a boho style long skirt and v neck top in sort of a chiffon material the skirt comea in a few colours i was thinking if the silver it also has a long slit and ia a flowy kind of material

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Sarahsiddons

I agree with you completely and i normally wear whatever i feel comfortable in i just dont want to get it completely wrong. My daughters like the outfit by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I agree with you completely and i normally wear whatever i feel comfortable in i just dont want to get it completely wrong. My daughters like the outfit by the way

TBH Op, if you were to "worry" about anything it'd be that, if they didn't like it. If your daughters like it, especially the one who's getting married, that's all you have to think about. Just wear what you like, look fab and have a great time.

If I've learned one thing about weddings in the last 2 years of planning one, is that no matter WHAT you do someone's gonna moan about something. I know there were people who were at tour wedding or have seen photos and gone "Oh, they did THAT did they?" :rolleyes: So long as we all stayed true to ourselves and everyone was comfortable that was the main thing.

Like, my mother in law was convinced she needed to get a skirt as mother of (one of!) the brides. The woman hasn't worn a skirt in 30-odd years, and hates them. She looked amazing in a lovely pair of chiffony trousers and a top with some glittery jewelery. And she was comfortable in her own skin too.

Advertisement