Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French "Crit'Air" emissions stickers - don't pay more than a tenner!!!

Options
  • 08-02-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭

For those who don't already know, or have one, there is a growing list of towns/cities in France where your vehicle is required to display a CRIT'Air emissions certificate. Some control zones, like Paris, are permanent; others are variable depending on the weather.

This sticker costs 3€70 plus postage (= 4€80 for EU countries = 8€50 total)

The official French government site has all the information you need, in English, and a straightforward application process.

Just like the pseudo-ETSA sites, however, there are several online companies offering to apply for a CRIT'Air sticker on your behalf and charging you for the privilege. Don't get caught out - spend the extra euros on cheese and wine instead! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

For those who don't already know, or have one, there is a growing list of towns/cities in France where your vehicle is required to display a CRIT'Air emissions certificate. Some control zones, like Paris, are permanent; others are variable depending on the weather.

This sticker costs 3€70 plus postage (4€80 for EU countries = 8€50 total)

The official French government site has all the information you need, in English, and a straightforward application process.

Just like the pseudo-ETSA sites, however, there are several online companies offering to apply for a CRIT'Air sticker on your behalf and charging you for the privilege. Don't get caught out - spend the extra euros on cheese and wine instead! :)
    I got mine this week, paid 4.80 delivered.
    I nearly bought one at €20 until I saw sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I thought the postage was a bit steep, seeing as a stamp for Ireland only costs 1€20. I've re-read the info and see that they've implied a total of 4.80 and edited the OP accordingly.

Out of interest, did they also send you a temporary pdf cert to use if the stick-on one doesn't turn up in time? They do for French residents, not sure if they also do it for foreign reg'd vehicles.

I thought the postage was a bit steep, seeing as a stamp for Ireland only costs 1€20. I've re-read the info and see that they've implied a total of 4.80 and edited the OP accordingly.

Out of interest, did they also send you a temporary pdf cert to use if the stick-on one doesn't turn up in time? They do for French residents, not sure if they also do it for foreign reg'd vehicles.

Yep, got a PDF emailed to me straight away once I paid the 4.80
    I'll probably have to get a German one as well, I took the one that was on the van off when I got here, and threw it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

I have had a look at this and see you have to send a scan of your registration document to them. Considering how inaccurate Irish camper certs are there will be some French person either laughing their head off or tearing their hair out. My cert had 11 separate mistakes, from memory the horsepower was the first 5 numbers of the vin and it had zero axles.

zambo wrote: »
    I have had a look at this and see you have to send a scan of your registration document to them. Considering how inaccurate Irish camper certs are there will be some French person either laughing their head off or tearing their hair out. My cert had 11 separate mistakes, from memory the horsepower was the first 5 numbers of the vin and it had zero axles.

I scanned mine and sent it through, no issues. I don't think they actually check it.
    The hardest part was getting it to the right size, I had 4 or 5 goes with an image resizing tool to get the right size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement