Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to unlock my pay as go phone to join Eir

Options
  • 08-02-2018 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I want to change my phone to Eir from Tesco mobile, do I need to have it unlocked ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I want to change my phone to Eir from Tesco mobile, do I need to have it unlocked ?
    Hi 2Silverspoons ,

It completely depends, did you purchase the phone from ourselves? If so its more than likely locked to Eir and you will need to contact our support team to have it unlocked.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

Thomas
    I'm in a similar boat. I have a prepay samsung phone on a vodafone network. Do i need to get the unlocked to switch to eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Look up eBay for unlock codes, they can be gotten in 10 minutes and depending on the phone can cost as little €2.50.
    If you can get it cheap on eBay it's much quicker and a lot less hassle than off the phone providers.

digdeep wrote: »
    Thomas
    I'm in a similar boat. I have a prepay samsung phone on a vodafone network. Do i need to get the unlocked to switch to eir?
    Hi ,

You will need to contact Vodafone in order to have the handset unlocked before switching to Eir.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2Silverspoons

Hi 2Silverspoons ,

It completely depends, did you purchase the phone from ourselves? If so its more than likely locked to Eir and you will need to contact our support team to have it unlocked.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, my phone is with Tesco. So I'll need to contact them to get it unlocked as I'm changing over to Eir :-) Thank you for your reply.

• Advertisement

Hi 2Silverspoons ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, my phone is with Tesco. So I'll need to contact them to get it unlocked as I'm changing over to Eir :-) Thank you for your reply.
    Hi 2Silverspoons ,

No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement