Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer airport travel to Vancouver

• 08-02-2018 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Looking at flights to Vancouver.
    Transfer options are generally Heathrow or Montreal or Toronto.
    Options on sky scanner give either 1.5 hrs stop over in Heathrow or 4 odd hrs in Montreal.
    1.5 hrs seems way too tight...what if flight delayed?
    Would I be best off taking 4 hrs rather than stress of tight turnaround?
    No direct flights dates I require....

Comments

1.5 hours is fine in Heathrow if it's on time. Depending on the time and how busy it is a flight delay would put you on the next flight to Vancouver assuming there is on.

4 hours isn't too bad of a layover before a short-ish following flight IMO. Saunter out, take your time picking somewhere to eat and then have a couple of drinks with a good book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I booked anyhow..3 to 4 hr stop over in newark.. just to be sure.
    Although I'm booking more flights now..still gonna keep away from 1.5 hrs in Heathrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Zipppy wrote: »
    I booked anyhow..3 to 4 hr stop over in newark.. just to be sure.
    Although I'm booking more flights now..still gonna keep away from 1.5 hrs in Heathrow..

If your arriving and departing form the same terminal in LHR 1.5hrs is more than enough, a terminal change turns that into a tight connection

Advertisement