Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gates

Options
  • 08-02-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Im looking for some advice im getting a set of gates made in the next few weeks. I thinking of automating them but wont have the money right now so would it be a good idea to install a set of boxes now for automation later. Also does every make have there own boxes or are they generic as i have not made my mind up on what make to install any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Good planning. OK generic stuff is few and far between, how heavy are your gates, what are the dimensions of them, how wind resistant are they and how intensive will they be used???

Lets start on those and lets get you the right foundation boxes for the right motors that will be up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

my tuppence worth - I was researching this over the weekend briefly. A good installer will lkely remove the gate and reposition closer to the inside edge of the pillar so as to minimise the area between the pillar and gate. This removes the risk of squashing a child between pillar and gate on opening. Might be worth considering in your design.

E39MSport wrote:
    my tuppence worth - I was researching this over the weekend briefly. A good installer will lkely remove the gate and reposition closer to the inside edge of the pillar so as to minimise the area between the pillar and gate. This removes the risk of squashing a child between pillar and gate on opening. Might be worth considering in your design.

Sorry where did the OP mention the distance' s as you have mentioned?

I just want to guide the OP in the right direction with regard to the correct motors etc for his application.

The HSA, via the PSA have issued guidelines for us professionals with regard to the safety of automatic gates, but that cannot really be addressed until we have established the right equipment.

E39MSport wrote: »

Here is the document I was referring too https://www.besmart.ie/fs/doc/Construction/Construction_Documents/Guidelines_on_the_Safety_of_Powered_Gates.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

kub wrote: »
    Sorry where did the OP mention the distance' s as you have mentioned?

I just want to guide the OP in the right direction with regard to the correct motors etc for his application.

The HSA, via the PSA have issued guidelines for us professionals with regard to the safety of automatic gates, but that cannot really be addressed until we have established the right equipment.

>> "Sorry where did the OP mention the distance' s as you have mentioned?"

I cannot decipher your English, sorry.Hinge Area Crush (P4, Section C) is clearly documented. Not sure what your problem is. Just trying to provide some info to an open question. Regards,

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »
    >> "Sorry where did the OP mention the distance' s as you have mentioned?"

I cannot decipher your English, sorry.Hinge Area Crush (P4, Section C) is clearly documented. Not sure what your problem is. Just trying to provide some info to an open question. Regards,

I could not give a care what you can or indeed, cannot do with my English. But a bit rich of you to say that considering your failure to start your own contribution to this thread with a capital letter.

"my tuppence worth"

What is that saying about pots and kettles again?

Advertisement