Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off's Stand Up to Cancer (2018)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Melanie is looking well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lee Mack is hilarious!,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They all are!

I've fallen a bit behind, hoping to catch up next ad break.

I'm calling shenanigans here..... there's no way they weren't given extra time to tidy up their bakes for presentation!

Griff has to be on to a winner here.

Holy moly - Melanie is 47???

Seriously???

:eek:

(I'd never even heard of her before tonight, would have put her in 30s!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up now. Best episode yet, I was smiling and laughing throughout.

A houseshare with Noel Fielding and Lee Mack would be brilliant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Holy moly - Melanie is 47???

Seriously???

:eek:

(I'd never even heard of her before tonight, would have put her in 30s!)
    Des and Mel Show - 2003 or thereabouts
    today_with_des_and_mel_uk.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Missed the start of this last night, I only really saw the showstopper but it was good fun :) Melanie Sykes has not aged one bit, she looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Teri hatchers muffins looked yum... Great giggle this week with Alan carr and Aisling bea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gmisk wrote: »
    Teri hatchers muffins looked yum... Great giggle this week with Alan carr and Aisling bea

Yeh very entertaining tonight . Terry cake looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Aisling Bea really isn't funny

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Teri came with her game face on! I don't know why I assumed she would be more like her character in Desperate Housewives... a bit scatty! Aisling Bea is very likeable, this kind of show really suited her. A good episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Alan Carr; i cried laughing. He is hilarious!
    Wow, Teri Hatcher is an amazing baker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I enjoyed this episode...Teri Hatcher was a little too enthusiastic with her jumping around at times but her bakes all looked and sounded amazing. Kadeena also did some lovely stuff. Aisling and Allen were there to be funny I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It was actually the episode I enjoyed the least. Most of the bakes were quite good but the people on it were a bit painful to watch IMO. I get that it's a bit of fun and for charity but I felt the participants were acting the eejit too much, being overly dramatic, the voices were so high pitched and irritating.
    (Edit: I was under the weather last night, so maybe my sense of humour was on the blink!)

I did enjoy the athlete's bakes, I liked the sound of bakewell muffins and her rainbow cake turned out fab!
    Also a +1 for Alan's rainbow characters!

Oh this was the best one!hilarious! Paul to Alan “we shouldn’t be able to break sponge”

Bake Off the professionals starts tonight Sunday the 6th . I will need subtitles for Benoit but looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Bake Off the professionals starts tonight Sunday the 6th . I will need subtitles for Benoit but looking forward to it

I can't warm to this at all :(

I can't warm to this at all :(

No . I felt the same . All way too invested and OTT . !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No . I felt the same . All way too invested and OTT . !

I've switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I quite enjoyed it, but the judges are really harsh.
    I did like Tom Allen on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Oh wow. The judges don't pull any punches. Ouch.
    I'm jumping out of my seat for some of them because they're so intricate that when something falls off, it's so much worse than the usual contestants. In the intro when the red and blue thing shattered (obviously from a later episode) I actually let out a scream.
    Me nerves!!!

I've switched off.

I did the same. Couldn’t get into it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Is this C4’s version of what was Bake Off Creme de la Creme on BBC?

I didn't like that to begin with as it was nothing like the cosy feeling you got with Bake Off but when they revamped it for the second season it was a good bit better and I really got in to it. Must check this out to see how it compares.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just watched it last night. Couldn't get into it at all. Very serious with very harsh judges, and a bit too dull for me. Don't think I'll be watching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

THere was very little connection to the Bake Off - no Paul and Pru, no Noel and Sandi. The presenters were trying a little too hard to be a bit weird, and couldn't pull it off.

The baking was amazing and intricate. Is there anywhere at all in Ireland that produces that kind of output? What was the name of the superstrong Japanese lime mentioned for the Tartes de Fruites (sp?).

Advertisement