Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanse Dining and Sushi Bar

• 08-02-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Is there any traditional Japanese Omakase Sushi Bar around Dublin? I have been on a hunt for a very long time but the only one I have found is Taste by Rustic but even that is not very traditional Sushi Bar.

I would like to experience a true Omakase style of dining if there is an opportunity to try it here.
    Other than that, if you guys have any recommendations for a nice Japanese restaurant with good quality sushi, that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Yamamori

Above is one of the best in Dublin.

However, I don't believe it does Omakase style dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shiin

ftse100 wrote: »

Above is one of the best in Dublin.

However, I don't believe it does Omakase style dining.

I have tried Yamamori and they're sushi is nice actually! and yes, unfortunately they do not do Omakase :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shiin

Mr.S wrote: »
    Musashi on Capel Street is also very good (they have a few other outlets but I like the Capel Street one best)

Zakura on Baggot Street also quite good (same owner as Musashi)

Now, not sure how authentic they are, but they serve good sushi!

Edit: Michie sushi in Ranalagh is worth the visit too!

Great recommendations! I'll give them a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

Sakura on Wexford St is another good one.

Tani in Ranelagh too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No omakase around Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The new restaurant from Miyazaki in Cork will be omakase style.

There’s lots of decent sushi in Dublin, but there’s no stand out place either. I probably split myself between Musashi, Michie and Tani (Terenure)

Advertisement