Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Services Card - How and where in LK

• 08-02-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm a bit worried as Ive just realised I have to get a Public Services Card in order to replace a lost passport.

Problem is timing was already a bit tight (passport just can't be found after a day of searching - didn't know it was missing etc)

Hoping ye can advise of how and where I can get this Public Services Card in Limerick.

Can it be done over a lunch break or do I need a day off work queuing? Hoping someone has done this recently and can advise.

Bloody stupid missing passport :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Back in my day if it was a matter of urgency it could be done in the old FÁS office, now DEASP Public Service Card office across from Colbert Station, best to ring 061 212200 and ask first though. Bring valid i.d. - birth cert if you happen to have it (also your out of date passpot) and evidence of address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got one for me and my son recently , phoned up and booked appointment (28th Dec) my passport is out of date so no good for ID, birth cert and proof of address was excepted, said it would be 5/10 days but took 23 days , did phone to see what hold up was and was told back log at moment, now this was Wexford, don't know if they are all issue from same department.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got one for me and my son recently , phoned up and booked appointment (28th Dec) my passport is out of date so no good for ID, birth cert and proof of address was excepted, said it would be 5/10 days but took 23 days , did phone to see what hold up was and was told back log at moment, now this was Wexford, don't know if they are all issue from same department.
    They are centrally issued. A passport recently out of date used to be accepted as valid i.d. iirc though can't recall how recent was allowable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks for the replies and help folks.

Ah I've no hope so......

Regina Doherty and her "manditory" but supposedly totally optional card will be the end of me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,279 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I thought once you had a passport you can renew it online easily.

• Advertisement

My passport is expired but also lost...... Is that the same as an in-date but lost passport?

Am I any better off that it's out of date?!

Passport website doesn't seem to mention this.

Anyone know if I can drop into the Ennis centre to apply for this card?

Won't be able to make it into Limerick during working hours....

Mango Joe wrote: »
    My passport is expired but also lost...... Is that the same as an in-date but lost passport?

Am I any better off that it's out of date?!

Passport website doesn't seem to mention this.

https://passportonline.dfa.ie/

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can drop into the Ennis centre to apply for this card?

Won't be able to make it into Limerick during working hours....
    Best bet is to ring and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

The_Dave wrote: »
    Best bet is to ring and ask

Yep .... ring the Intreo centre at Ennis .... 065 6867 800 and request an appointment

I was told to bring current passport or driving licence
    Full birth certificate
    Utility bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in the Intreo office in Limerick and was told "yep, you'll need a card". Fear not I was told as there was a Desk for the PSC in Dominick Street in Limerick, with Zero queue and no appointment needed. I just walked up and said "Desk 9 told me to come over"

All he said was "fine, ID and proof of address please". I was gone out the door 10 minutes later. 15 days later it arrived in the post.

Berty wrote: »
    I was in the Intreo office in Limerick and was told "yep, you'll need a card". Fear not I was told as there was a Desk for the PSC in Dominick Street in Limerick, with Zero queue and no appointment needed. I just walked up and said "Desk 9 told me to come over"

All he said was "fine, ID and proof of address please". I was gone out the door 10 minutes later. 15 days later it arrived in the post.

Did you pose for photo

Advertisement