Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-registering to vote

• 09-02-2018 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

My husband and I have lived in rented accommodation for the last 10 years and have moved around quite a bit, because of this we are both registered to vote at our parents addresses and go home to our constituencies to vote. I've been registered since I turned 18, however just before Christmas I received a letter to say I was removed from the register at this address as they where made aware I no longer live there. Seemingly my dad spoke with someone carrying out the census and that's how it happened but I didn't think the census data would be used in that manner?? Anyway, just wondering do I need to re register entirely again or can I be just added back once I confirm my address?? As it happens I am moving back to my parents address with husband and baby in tow and so will actually need to be registered again at the original address.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,735 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You can check the register of electors here to confirm that your name has been removed.

If it has been removed, then as soon as you become resident in the place that you wish to be registered - i.e. when you move back to your parents' house - then fill out Form RFA2 and send it off to the County Council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do so quickly - the draft register is published in November each year and confirmed in February.

Advertisement