Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regular pub quizzes?

• 09-02-2018 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Are there any pubs in town that have a quiz night once a week or every couple of weeks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Don' think there are any regular ones but we are in full-swing table quiz season at the moment! There was Limerick Spring last Wednesday, the Soweto Connection fundraiser on Wednesday just gone, and then a table quiz in Shannon rowing club next Thursday 15th Feb in aid of Limerick Boat Clubs 'Raise the Roof campaign'.

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Are there any pubs in town that have a quiz night once a week or every couple of weeks?

Not sure about regular but there is one on in Bobby Byrnes on Thursday the 22 of February at 9pm in aid of Adapt Domestic Abuse Services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

panda100 wrote: »
    Don' think there are any regular ones but we are in full-swing table quiz season at the moment! There was Limerick Spring last Wednesday, the Soweto Connection fundraiser on Wednesday just gone, and then a table quiz in Shannon rowing club next Thursday 15th Feb in aid of Limerick Boat Clubs 'Raise the Roof campaign'.

Any more details on this? What time etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's one this evening to fundraise for a new roof on Limerick Boat Club. It's on in Shannon Rowing Club (across the road from LBC) at 8.30pm I think.

And the Liveable Limerick campaign are holding one on the 28th Feb in Jerry Flannery's pub on Catherine Street at 8pm.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any more details on this? What time etc?

Darn only seeing this now. It was on in Shannon Rowing Club at 8.30pm yesterday evening. Hopefully you made it along as Limerick Boat Club is a worthy cause to support :)

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    Darn only seeing this now. It was on in Shannon Rowing Club at 8.30pm yesterday evening. Hopefully you made it along as Limerick Boat Club is a worthy cause to support :)

We made it. Came around fourth I think.

keane2097 wrote:
    We made it. Came around fourth I think.

Great stuff. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

keep internet access a bay ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169054413610859/

Regular quizzes posted here if you're on the aul bookface. You have to join the page.

There's another quiz on Wednesday night in Jerry Flannery's. Saw it on twitter I think, don't have the details handy but someone else may post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Rathbane Golf quiz at Collins Bar Tues 13th at 8.30pm

Limerick Musical Society host a Bingo Quiz in aid of their upcoming production of Jesus Christ Superstar, 26 - 28th April 2018, in the University Concert Hall, Limerick.

Quiz in Jerry O'Dea's pub, Mulgrave Street. 

€40 for a table of 4

Fantastic spot prizes on the night with the wonderful Tony Cusack as Quizmaster 

If you're not in, you can't win. 
    Be there and bring your friends. 
    It promises to be a great night of entertainment.

FYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What date is that quiz on? Kind of important info to leave out. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    What date is that quiz on? Kind of important info to leave out. :)

Question 1, round 1! :)

A: Today @ 19:30.

Another quiz in Bobby Byrne's tomorrow night I believe - someone else might have the details, I don't. Think it's 8 or 9 and in aid of a school called St Michaels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

St. Michael's Rowing Club are running one on May 17th in Shannon Rowing Club. It's a fundraiser and open to all. Keep an eye on the SMRC Facebook page.

Cheers ~

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There was one in the new Costello’s the other day. I think they might make it a regular thing if it does well.

There's another one in Byrne's again at 8.30pm on the 3rd of May

godfrey wrote: »
    St. Michael's Rowing Club are running one on May 17th in Shannon Rowing Club. It's a fundraiser and open to all. Keep an eye on the SMRC Facebook page.

Cheers ~

g

Will there be an auction as well; like there was at the Limerick Boat Club one a few months back? :pac:

• Advertisement

I am beginning to feel like a shill for Bobby Byrne's but there is a quiz in there tonight at half 8 again in aid of the Boherbui band (excuse my spelling)

Bump

It must be the season for these again - anyone see any posters up anywhere lately?

Rape Crisis Midwest are hosting one in Thomond park in 2 weeks - I think it's a Friday (unusually).

Advertisement