Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You couldn't make this up....

• 09-02-2018 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Belen Aldecosea flushed her pet hamster down the john at an airport because she was told that she could not take the animal on board. She claims that staff twice told her some time ago that she could travel with the hamster.
    The drastic course of action was apparently suggested by an airline employee, and, poor girl, seeing no other way out sent Pebbles down the drain.
    Ms Aldecosea bought Pebbles to help her cope with a cancer scare last year.
    The growth she found on her neck proved benign, but it caused her some pain and so she was travelling back to the sunshine state to have it removed.
    I don't think Spirit Airlines are the ones in trouble here...

https://news.sky.com/story/hamster-flushed-down-toilet-after-being-rejected-from-flight-11241752

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I don't think you'd fit a Peacock down the jax though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's my emotional support animal... I have to fly with it... I absolutely can not be without it... It's me on my own or neither of us?... In that case, I'll flush the little bastard - where's the boarding gate?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't think you'd fit a Peacock down the jax though

Oh, is that a challenge?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Who? Never heard of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

In these types of situations a person should always ask themselves - 'what would Freddie Starr do?

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    In these types of situations a person should always ask themselves - 'what would Freddie Starr do?

Shove it up Max Clifford's cold dead arse, with any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Just when i think the human race cant sink any lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

As an admittedly nervous flyer Im curious to know when bringing animals along for emotional support went from being ridiculous to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Poor hamster. 🐹

I don't understand how someone could do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As an admittedly nervous flyer Im curious to know when bringing animals along for emotional support went from being ridiculous to normal.

The majority are just too scaby to pay for pet transport so have started pretending their pet is an emotional support, it's surprisingly easy to register as requiring a support animal and no checks are done to verify.

As per usual it'll be the people who need support animals that suffer from the scam artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

If you can't fly without an emotional support animal...you can't fly....

I have an emotional support grizzly bear...he calms me nerves when on a plane.....he's a fckin emotional mess though...always knocking back the small vodkas and pawing the trolley dolly's arses... nightmare i tells ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wasn't there a poster recently who spent €50 getting his hamster put down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Mr. Garrison inserts a hamster into Mr. Slave's ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Wasn't there a poster recently who spent €50 getting his hamster put down?

Yeah. I took the job on. I'm completely untrained and unqualified in the humane killing of animals.
    BUT!
    I DO have a hammer and €50 is €50.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Funny that. I always ask myself what would John McClain do? Yippiekayay mother flipper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Funny that. I always ask myself what would John McClain do? Yippiekayay mother flipper!

Or John McCain. He'd crash the plane leaving a flaming wreck then blame the hamster.

Emotional support animals, the latest generation snowflake must have accessory.

We need a good war to toughen these crybabies up. Give them a good dose of reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

How has she not been arrested? #HamstersLivesMatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What a callous c*nt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I can't understand how she found it to be more humane to drown a hamster rather than letting it off into the wild and letting nature decide it's fate for itself.
    Now she is suing... for what?
    Some **** to drown it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just when i think the human race cant sink any lower.

It didnt get too far - It only got as far as the u bend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anyone who can do that to a pet is need of psychiatric help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At this stage, if the emotional support animal isn't a dog, cat or horse, then I automatically assume the person is an attention-seeker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

I would advise that poor poor Lady to get an emotional support animal to help with the trauma.But not a peacock-definitely not a peacock,It is very time consuming stuffing a peacock down a toilet when you have a flight to catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

Would it make you feel old if I told you that reference is 32 next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Emotional Support Animal"... is that something like the Sexual Harassment Panda from South Park?? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you saying a llama wouldn't make your flight easier to cope with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Perhaps it's best if we don't use US society as a benchmark for 'normal'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Are you saying a llama wouldn't make your flight easier to cope with?

convert?cache=true&compress=true&quality=90&w=800&fit=max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

wexie wrote: »

Whatever helps you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

wexie wrote: »

Ryanair wouldnt be having the bike as carry on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Hamster / peacock stuffed with explosives. Its the new way to bring down a plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Only Guide Dogs Horses Allowed!

Blind man with phobia of dogs given UK’s first ever guide horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What a callous c*nt.

But heres the thing, she is blaming the airline and PETA and others are siding with her !!???

This new generation of idiots that can't take responsibility for their own actions and just wanna blame others - and societies indulgence of this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

But heres the thing, she is blaming the airline and PETA and others are siding with her !!???

This new generation of idiots that can't take responsibility for their own actions and just wanna blame others - and societies indulgence of this crap.

I would have thought PETA would support the flushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

PETA definitely aren't taking her side, PETA hate everyone in this story equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hope this shameless $$$ grab backfires and she's charged with a criminal offense, what's she's basically admitted to is horrific animal cruelty and I can't for a moment think that any mainstream platform would even support her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Has she not heard of the word "felch"?

No... not that felch u dirty boy ..... the felch to do with a hamster :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They should've let the hamster fly and shoved her stupid head into the jacks. Fúcking millennials.

Next time I fly, I'm bringing along an Emotional Support Brasser. She'll need a free seat, free meal, free drinks. Oh and she'll be performing a blowie every half hour to keep my crippling anxiety at bay :p

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement