Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullybrook Drogheda

Options
  • 09-02-2018 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everybody we try to buy house on tullybrook is good place ? we ask because we read was before is some problems about water somebody live there any suggestions thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

It a nice area, I don't live in Tullybrook but live nearby. There was a problem with the sewage it wasn't connected to the mains but to a big septic tank that wasn't being maintained I don't know if this has been fully resolved.

If I was you and wanted to go ahead with the sale make sure your surveyor and solicitor know about this and make sure it is fully checked out before buying.

There are some other houses for sale along the same road in finished estates, may be a safer option, now that there is an upturn in the economy they might start building again in tullybrook, the original developers owned all the land behind all the estates on the Old Slane Road down to Tubberboice Lane in Mell, at one stage they had a planning application in for the whole site and the road to it was through Tullybrook, this got rejected for many reasons, but the river was the main one, building a retaining wall would damage the reed beds and cause flooding further up the river.

I doubt they would get planning ever for that but might get a smaller development in. I don't know who ownes the land now or if that developer went into nama.

Boyne Lodge, Boyne Hall and Oldbridge are good areas, I see a for sale sign on one of the detached houses in Oldbridge might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

It's a lovely area as I live in the estate before it very quiet area we love living here no hassle at all love it

Advertisement