Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to close my account. Still.

Options
  • 09-02-2018 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I cancelled my account on 13/12/2017 which was withing the 14 day cooling off period.  I was told I would get a bill for usage during that time in the post. 

I got an email on the 19/12 to say my bill was due.  I rang to check and was told that the account hadn't been closed but would be closed now and I would get the final bill in the post. 

In January I received a phonecall to say that the extra subscription channels that I had taken were now working BTW this was a fault I logged with someone in your company the day the boxes were installed in my house over a month ago.  I told the person on the phone that I had cancelled my account and she transfered me to the loyalty department and was told again that they would close my account that day and send me a final bill in the post.

On 8/1/18 I got a text message to say my bill was overdue. I rang. Again. I was told the same spiel. Account would be closed and a bill sent in the post.

15/1/2018. Same thing. Told it had been an oversight and account would be closed within 24 -48 hours.

17/1/18. Text message. My bill is running unusually high and I would be disconnected if it was not paid???

26/1/18 Another text. My new bill is ready and due to be paid.

Everytime this happens I spend most of my break in work on hold trying to get someone to close my account. How do I get someone in your company to do this one simple thing???

ETA another email and text this morning. It's ridiculous now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I cancelled my account on 13/12/2017 which was withing the 14 day cooling off period.  I was told I would get a bill for usage during that time in the post. 

I got an email on the 19/12 to say my bill was due.  I rang to check and was told that the account hadn't been closed but would be closed now and I would get the final bill in the post. 

In January I received a phonecall to say that the extra subscription channels that I had taken were now working BTW this was a fault I logged with someone in your company the day the boxes were installed in my house over a month ago.  I told the person on the phone that I had cancelled my account and she transfered me to the loyalty department and was told again that they would close my account that day and send me a final bill in the post.

On 8/1/18 I got a text message to say my bill was overdue. I rang. Again. I was told the same spiel. Account would be closed and a bill sent in the post.

15/1/2018. Same thing. Told it had been an oversight and account would be closed within 24 -48 hours.

17/1/18. Text message. My bill is running unusually high and I would be disconnected if it was not paid???

26/1/18 Another text. My new bill is ready and due to be paid.

Everytime this happens I spend most of my break in work on hold trying to get someone to close my account. How do I get someone in your company to do this one simple thing???

ETA another email and text this morning. It's ridiculous now.
    Hi Chloedancer ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Chloedancer

Thanks. PM sent

Thanks. PM sent
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Despite your assurances that you had closed my account and cleared the balance week ago Sky contacted me today to tell me that they havent been able to tranfer my phone line or broadband because Eir have put a block on the line. This is a disgrace.

I have been dealing with this for over 2 months now and Im still no further along and now to top it off my house phone is not working because of it. My elderly mother lives with me and she needs a phone during the day in case of an emergency to contact me.

Despite your assurances that you had closed my account and cleared the balance week ago Sky contacted me today to tell me that they havent been able to tranfer my phone line or broadband because Eir have put a block on the line. This is a disgrace.

I have been dealing with this for  over 2 months now and Im still no further along and now to top it off my house phone is not working because of it. My elderly mother lives with me and she needs a phone during the day in case of an emergency to contact me.
    Hi Chloedancer ,

I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

I did not assure you that the account was closed, I advised that there was some confusion with the outstanding charges and I have resolved them.

I would recommend calling our support team for an update on the current open ticket.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Ok but if you cleared all the charges on Tuesday 13th why was there a block put on my line after that to prevent Sky taking over the line? I couldn't get anyone to give me a reason.

I am without a home phone still and after talking to your reps yesterday and spending 45 minutes on hold with calls being dropped and transferred around I finally found someone who told me
    a ticket needed to be opened and did it for me yesterday.

Ok but if you cleared all the charges on Tuesday 13th why was there a block put on my line after that to prevent Sky taking over the line? I couldn't get anyone to give me a reason.

I am without a home phone still and after talking to your reps yesterday and spending 45 minutes on hold with calls being dropped and transferred around I finally found someone who told me
    a ticket needed to be opened and did it for me yesterday.
    In order to resolve this issue, you will need to contact our support team on 1901.

Unfortunately, I cannot troubleshoot accordingly through this channel.

Once again,  I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Thomas

I have been ringing that number since 13th of December. I have spent hours on calls and have gotten nowhere and am now without phone or broadband. And as I already said in my last post I wasted the best part of an hour trying to sort it the day I posted.

A rep at Sky have said they will see if there is anything that they can do to try and sort this mess out since Eir don't seem to do want to do anything about it.

No need to reply just FYI

I have been ringing that number since 13th of December. I have spent hours on calls and have gotten nowhere and am now without phone or broadband. And as I already said in my last post I wasted the best part of an hour trying to sort it the day I posted.

A rep at Sky have said they will see if there is anything that they can do to try and sort this mess out since Eir don't seem to do want to do anything about it.

No need to reply just FYI
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to contact our support team on 1901.

Thanks

Thomas

This has gotten beyond a joke now. After Eir took the block off the line they deactivated the number which meant Sky couldn't use it and had to change my home phone number which was HUGELY inconvenient. But at least my account with Eir was closed or so I thought. Today I got a text message to say that my NEXT bill is "unusually high". I was told my account had been cleared of all charges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Chloe,

I can see that Thomas was previously looking into this but unfortunately he is unavailable today. If you could PM me with the full account details I will review this.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Chloe,

I can see that Thomas was previously looking into this but unfortunately he is unavailable today. If you could PM me with the full account details I will review this.

Thanks,

Sarah

I've sent them to you now

An email just arrived telling me to register to view my bill which is now €200.19. I'm sick of this. I can't talk to anyone on 1901 because my account number no longer exists.

At this stage this harassment from your JOKE of a company is causing me a lot of unnecessary stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anyclue49

An email just arrived telling me to register to view my bill which is now €200.19. I'm sick of this. I can't talk to anyone on 1901 because my account number no longer exists.

At this stage this harassment from your JOKE of a company is causing me a lot of unnecessary stress.

You need to contact ComReg. Eir will sort it out quick once The regulator come sniffing around. I used to work for Eir and even just a mention of Comreg gets you anything you want! I'd definitely go through them at this stage. Screenshot this chat and any private mails and send to Comreg also.

Anyclue49 wrote: »

You need to contact ComReg. Eir will sort it out quick once The regulator come sniffing around. I used to work for Eir and even just a mention of Comreg gets you anything you want! I'd definitely go through them at this stage. Screenshot this chat and any private mails and send to Comreg also.
    Thanks I'll get on to them.

Advertisement