Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday PM (10th) - Tuesday AM (13th), Snow and Ice

Options

Comments

Maybe 3 hours of sleet/snow in eastern parts along the back edge of that front as it exits into the Irish Sea sometime Tuesday morning according to the 12Z GFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sad seeing snowflakes with no friends to bond with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Dublin really only gets decent snow in an easterly wind..,but that is a rare beast now a days. Heavy snow shower for the past 40 minutes but that was it.

Some of it has settled here on some surfaces - literally individual flakes...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I might get one more shower that is now between Navan and Kells. Showers will probably become confined to Atlantic coasts soon.

• Advertisement

Little chance of that making Dublin in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

And the showers keep coming ( nice image of last nights LP now near Denmark )

ZqJOVvJ.gif

A few minutes ago near Tralee

Not too many showers in North Cork this afternoon. Hopefully more on the way after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

best snow in ages in claregalway heavy now for last 15 minutes loving this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

RedSteve, you are about to turn pink!

DZF9Au0.png

Cleared up here now but beginning to feel bitter out.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Gone dark very quickly and the snow is back.

• Advertisement

Down to 0.6 c now in North Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking good for Snow tomorrow night / Tues morning.

tempresult_tjv4.gif

tempresult_hqo5.gif

tempresult_pmy0.gif

tempresult_bhi6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    RedSteve, you are about to turn pink!

DZF9Au0.png

Cleared up here now but beginning to feel bitter out.

If I'm honest it's my new favourite colour.
    Sticking quiet readily as its quite cold out now with plenty of snow lying in shaded areas.

Only lasted 5-10 minutes, car is covered again after clearing completely earlier.
    The showers are too weak to make any impact really.

Looking good for Snow tomorrow night / Tues morning.

Yep

18021306_1112.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DP has been hovering between -1C and -3C for most of the day in Castlebar, we have had around 6 good prolonged snow showers, but it was melting fast, hopefully any further showers this evening lead to a accumulation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Not too many showers in North Cork this afternoon. Hopefully more on the way after dark.

Yea not great in this neck of the woods, Would think showers will keep going in coastal counties for a time at least and with temperatures cooling and good cold uppers would think the chance for snow would increase.

EiVc8Ks.png

dFuBnBO.png

EwZ3Gy6.png

sGiOlQR.png

The roads will be turning icy now where there has been melt and slushy deposits remain...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

The roads will be turning icy now where there has been melt and slushy deposits remain...

I'm about to go out and powerwash some concrete. Probably a bad idea......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still some light snow falling here. Roads are going to be extremely icey after todays showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Did I hear Siobhán on RTÉ just now say wenesday would be the mildest day for the foreseeable future ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Did I hear Siobhán on RTÉ just now say wenesday would be the mildest day for the foreseeable future ?

I thought she said mildest day so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yes you did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just had a lovely heavy snow shower near Mallow which gave a dusting. Hopefully a few more on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

circadian wrote: »
    I'm about to go out and powerwash some concrete. Probably a bad idea......

That reminds me...

There was this gob****e on my road in 2010 who was very proud of his car. Washed it everyday during the entire cold snap making the footpaths lethal. Unbelievable.

So yeah, don't be thick :p

Below freezing here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It was a true snow day here in south Sligo. A little thaw set in with some wonderful sunshine around four but it wasn't enough to thaw the snow in the garden. Started up again since most recently at 6:30 was out walking the dogs in that night brightness you only get with snow underfoot. Lovely end to winter. Hoping Spring will be along now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Snowing again in cork City. Colder now and cars/road slightly drier, sticking to cars nearly straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

just had a brief but intense snow shower here (mid tipp), everything is white again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Very heavy and prolonged snow shower in Oughterard (west Galway). Starting sticking to the roads too.
    Visibility in the car was very poor. The snow was mesmerising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

After that snow shower cars are actually white (anbit anyway) as is the grass, it was sticking to the roads and footpaths but that has already melted. Small flakes now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement