Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday PM (10th) - Tuesday AM (13th), Snow and Ice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you don't have to read the "childlike hankering" posts.

I know, but all I want is snow! So I can't help being a bit childlike when I'm disappointed, Yet Again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

A heavy snow shower sticking near Mallow. So great to watch at night out the window. What's rare is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Quick off topic question, was Boards.ie loading slow for anybody for a few minutes there?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Quick off topic question, was Boards.ie loading slow for anybody for a few minutes there?

Yep

Yeah something was up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

ECM snow depth for 6am Tuesday morning. Pretty inline with Met Eireann's advisory. Not sure if their Harmonie model is in range of this yet.

ONAnC3w.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Snowing in Galway very big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Roads glistening here already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Had another shower tonight - tried to get a photo but the exposure is difficult.

nyfkhi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The timing on the ECM is 6 hours out regarding tomorrow night compared to the rest of the models. Bit of a health warning there...

• Advertisement

double post

The timing on the ECM is 6 hours out regarding the passage of the front across the country tomorrow night compared to the rest of the models. Bit of a health warning there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I drove home to Cavan today at 3.30. The roads from Virginia to Kilnaleck were treacherous. Cars sliding everywhere. Not looking forward to driving in the morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Another impressive shower and everything rewhitened - mid Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Pretzill wrote: »
    Had another shower tonight - tried to get a photo but the exposure is difficult.

You'll never get a good outdoors snap with a camera flash. You need to turn that off and try a long exposure instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

MJohnston wrote: »
    You'll never get a good outdoors snap with a camera flash. You need to turn that off and try a long exposure instead.

The flash wasn't on - that's the outside light and a long exposure ;-)

ICON 18z

tempresult_lii2.gif

Another model progging potentially very heavy snowfall for a time in the southeast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

ICON 18z

iconeu_uk1-1-28-0.png?11-22

iconeu_uk1-1-31-0.png?11-22

Another model progging potentially very heavy snowfall for a time in the southeast as well.

Kermit your in the snowshield!

iconeu_uk1-2-36-0.png?11-22

Sub 512 then 508 dam thicknesses tomorrow night - this means we are not as reliant on super low upper air temps for snow to the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Here I was happy out with my non sticking 'heavy' but not heavy snow. God dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snow on the ground in drogheda. Not much but a nice covering. It's been snowing on and off all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It's all looking very disruptive to me tomorrow night. The ppn seems to turn to snow quickly....folks we're looking at 4 or 5 hours of heavy snow here across the country.

Also and unlike Met Eireann I see this as a nationwide event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

iconeu_uk1-2-36-0.png?11-22

Sub 512 then 508 dam thicknesses tomorrow night - this means we are not as reliant on super low upper air temps for snow to the surface.

That chart shows 500 hPa geopotential, not thickness. Thickness will be more like 518-520 dam at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

It's all looking very disruptive to me tomorrow night. The ppn seems to turn to snow quickly....folks we're looking at 4 or 5 hours of heavy snow here across the country.

Also and unlike Met Eireann I see this as a nationwide event

:eek: bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

That chart shows 500 hPa geopotential, not thickness. Thickness will be more like 518-520 dam at that time.

Ah feck yes. Didn’t even notice that :(

Delete that post Kermit, how dare ya lead me astray ;)

More white gold near Mallow. I certainly didn't expect this many showers this evening. It will look great in the morning if we get a few more showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The timing on the ECM is 6 hours out regarding the passage of the front across the country tomorrow night compared to the rest of the models. Bit of a health warning there...

You know the weather.us charts show CST time (6 hours behind GMT)? The timing looks about the same to me.

Indeed I meant heights, not thicknesses.

• Advertisement

Rougies wrote: »
    You know the weather.us charts show CST time (6 hours behind GMT)? The timing looks about the same to me.

I didn't realise that. I think you mean UTC ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement