Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday PM (10th) - Tuesday AM (13th), Snow and Ice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Lightning flashing away here. Seems to be coming from the west.

That’s funny no sferics at all showing up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I know that you're probably pissed off of seeing snow pictures but here's some more I've gathered :P.

Cavan

uGlkom6.png

This is like some hidden village where it's Christmas all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Just had a few very strong gusts one after another here in cork city, came howling down the chimney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

So you've lost your aversion to snow after the mid point of February now;)

Inevitable snow yes
    Who am I to fight against the drifts
    It’s futile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

pad199207 wrote: »
    That’s funny no sferics at all showing up :(

Seen about 3 flashes in the last 20 mins or so. I don't even bother looking at those sferics maps anymore. They are useless for here.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's in Cavan town, you can see Cavan Cathedral just in the distance.

https://goo.gl/maps/rivHHocVYZB2 ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

band of rain across the west now. Looks like its turning to sleet and snow already over Donegal and parts of Mayo and Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Nuala Carey an hour ago and Gerry now both having none of it. Rain all night turning to sleet or snow over high ground they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

rain shower in Kilkenny city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Showers of hail and rain pushed up from our SW this afternoon and were heavy at times. I think there is some unstable air in that front so some heavy rain on the cards. Maybe snow for some but I’m not sure expecting any here in Waterford City

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

6 degrees outside ennis, windy and wet but nowhere near cold enough for snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rain has not arrived yet, the wind however has picked up all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

Good gusts of rain in Kildare now. 3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Kermits absence is deafening..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Kermits absence is deafening..... :(

Silence speaks for its self

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Getting windy. Will we get much lightning activity with this? Lightning map not showing much over land.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Silence speaks for its self

Or he could just be busy??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

5.5 Dec C here in North Cork (190m) - awful evening but nowhere near cold enough for sleet/snow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Wind picking up, raining and 6.3C here in Kerry. Bar 992.1hPa Falling rapidly.

Looks like convection developing in the Satellite Gif . Looks like the colder airmass undercutting the Front creating loads of instability?

rafales_uk_pfj2.png

Bp523eI.png

jEojEPf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Whatever happens I hope someone somewhere on our fair isle gets some decent snow out of this... It'd be such a waste of good precipitation! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

Nonsense. You can never have enough snow pictures. Keep them coming. It just reminds me again how picturesque a lot of our countryside is. Thanks to all for uploading their pictures.

here you go so ..
    [IMG][/img]39306039245_e67ff4f19a_c.jpgSnowy mountain Overlooking Foxford Co.Mayo by JOhn Mac, on Flickr

Current DPs. Round zero in the midlands & east north of Dublin. Probably rise as the front arrives though.

pointrosee_uk_owf4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

kittyn wrote: »
    Is that good for those of us in south Dublin with a decent bit of elevation?

Yes, elevation will be key. I'd imagine 200 metres upwards should see some snow settling late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Rain has turned to heavy sleet at the coast,west mayo,windows covered white,falling as snow in the Westport area going by the netweather radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain has turned to heavy sleet at the coast,west mayo,windows covered white,falling as snow in the Westport area going by the netweather radar.

Sleet in Knock at 19:30 and 20:00, despite the TAF not mentioning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Lashing rain here in the Burren,where I live apparently we're as high at sea level as the cathedral spire in Ennis around 140 feet.
    We're probably too low

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I think that pic of Cavan is amazing. Thanks for posting it.

You’re welcome :D. It’s like a picture you’d put on front of a postcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Moderate sleet at Belmullet at 8 pm, temp 3, dp 2, vis 2100 m.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Some serious snowfall here in North Leitrim again over the weekend. We were effectively snowed in since Saturday evening due to a very steep hill leading to our house. Picture attached was this morning. Rain has arrived now I'm glad to say. Just hope it doesn't turn to snow or we'll be fecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sleet in Knock at 19:30 and 20:00, despite the TAF not mentioning it.

Iam here beside knock....yes sleet but more rain than sleet at the mo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement