Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overnight Parking

• 09-02-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey lads.
    I'll be up in Sligo next month for a hen, but staying in the Riverside Hotel. From what I can tell, they have bugger all parking and suggest street parking.
    Seems like most street parking is for 2 hours or so, but I'll been needing more than that.
    Any suggestions where I can leave the car overnight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maldesu wrote: »
    Hey lads.
    I'll be up in Sligo next month for a hen, but staying in the Riverside Hotel. From what I can tell, they have bugger all parking and suggest street parking.
    Seems like most street parking is for 2 hours or so, but I'll been needing more than that.
    Any suggestions where I can leave the car overnight?

The Riverside do have spaces for only about 5-6 cars. Paid parking in the area as you stated is for only 2hrs, starting at 8.30 Mon-Sat, and midday on Sunday. If you are prepared to walk under 5 minutes, you might get free street parking in the Dorly Park area, further along the river from the Hotel. Back in town, some of the car parks do all day rates for about €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

St. Anne's carpark is all-day parking, €3 per day I believe, it's no. 12 on this parking map. If it's just Saturday night, there's no charge for the Abbey Street car-park between from 6 o'clock on Saturday evening and 12 noon on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I usually see people parking in the county council car park at the weekends, located here:

http://bit.ly/2EQy0ZG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Cheers. I'd be looking from around 1/2 on Sat till Sunday, so St. Anne's might work. Any places I should avoid? In case of happy clamping or the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭prodsc

County Council car park very popular with Riverside guests because it's handy and still free! Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Dringe123

I think that the Riverside have an arrangement to use Co. Co carpark, a few minutes walk. I did a full day course there one Saturday & receptionist told us to park there. Being a weekend there was plenty of spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

I find the car park in the glass house hotel very handy for secure weekend parking for the sum of 3€. Total. Id go to your hotel. Unload the luggage then drive to the glass house carpark park and leave it there till time for home. Secure and safe.. all for €3.... then follow the river walk all the way back to your hotel... look up sligo fleadh ceoil 2014 on you tube to see more helpful info. It a drone view of the river from the glasshouse back to yours... enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Plus 1 on sligocamper

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Parking is free everywhere on Sundays. Ignore any signs that say otherwise as council never updated them.

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Parking is free everywhere on Sundays. Ignore any signs that say otherwise as council never updated them.

Not everywhere.. try quay steet car park on a sunday for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Not everywhere.. try quay steet car park on a sunday for example
    It is free everywhere. Have you seen traffic wardens on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I find the car park in the glass house hotel very handy for secure weekend parking for the sum of 3€. Total. Id go to your hotel. Unload the luggage then drive to the glass house carpark park and leave it there till time for home. Secure and safe.. all for €3.... then follow the river walk all the way back to your hotel... look up sligo fleadh ceoil 2014 on you tube to see more helpful info. It a drone view of the river from the glasshouse back to yours... enjoy!

I'd second the Glasshouse Hotel - underground car park, €3 paid into a machine on the way out, no one in the hotel passes any remarks when they see you come up the lift & straight out the door. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Gipo3 wrote: »
    It is free everywhere. Have you seen traffic wardens on a Sunday?

I'm more concerned about the Saturday part, since I've to be up around 1-ish. I don't mind paying a little. Considering I would have to pay €2.40 an hour when I go for my veg on Saturday, €3 quid a day is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have seen the wardens on a Sunday, its definitely not free.

€40 would buy decent glasses...just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Abbey Street car park is a 'Pay & Display' car park a few minutes walk from the Riverside hotel, I'm nearly sure you can pay a 24hr fee for parking there, Google it and check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Black Bart wrote: »
    Abbey Street car park is a 'Pay & Display' car park a few minutes walk from the Riverside hotel, I'm nearly sure you can pay a 24hr fee for parking there, Google it and check it out.
    nope 2 hours max. like others have said just park in the councils car park its free and right beside the hotel.

Advertisement