Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT on software services to customers outside EU

Options
  • 09-02-2018 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a Software Engineer with a MNC and have been on permanent job role for close to 2 years. I finally decided to move in to contracting and had setup a limited company in Ireland for the same. I am recently offered a contract job by a US company.  They also have a small office in Ireland and from which i will be working as a contractor.  
    In the offer letter its been mentioned that the "VAT isn't chargeable by contractor(me) as the services are provided to US company". I did some research myself and found from revenue website  that if the services are provided to customers outside EU(in this case US) VAT isn't applicable. 

Can you some one please explain me if this is true. Also i am planning to register my company for VAT as the Gross earnings might cross 100k annually and want to be totally compliant. Also limited company would be incurring setup costs initially (Laptops, Phones, furniture) and looking for VAT exemption on purchases. Would VAT be exempted on the purchases if the limited company don't pay VAT on the services it offer?

Comments

Advertisement