Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for name? Animal physiotherapy related

Options
  • 09-02-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

HI all,

it all started few months back when my german pointer boy started limping ... he has arthritis in his carpal joint :( I was looking for somebody to do physio for him but there are not many people around Dublin doing it so I got myself on the course and certified as canine sports massage therapist YAY!

I am looking to open tiny place and try to see if this picks up and if there is demand for it (I know there is but who knows if this picks up, right?) I am possibly looking to expand to additional therapies, adding horses, etc...

I need a tiny bit of help- been thinking about this for months now, but cannot come up with anything good- looking for a name for my place, can anybody suggest anything you would like to see as name of business doing canine/ animal physiotherapy? I am based in Dublin but don't really want location to be part of the name as I don't know where ill end up in the future (as if this ever picks up) :) I already have few clients but I am working under my own name without log, brand etc and I would like to do that

any suggestions welcome as im struggling, thank you so much and have lovely weekend all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do you want it to be something cute or something that sounds more sciencey?

Tell us a bit more about what you do and why just helps with ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BudEliJackson

Thanks! well that is exactly what im struggling with- if I was not looking form marketing perspective etc I would do something that has "meeeee" all over it like CDC physio (CDC stands for crazy dog chick haha just one of the cutest thing I was ever called by somebody special who is not in my life anymore but I absolutely love the nick!)

But I understand nobody will probably remember it and will not understand what CDC stands for ... so I was thinking something more "professional" which will not have word "dog or canine" in it as I might and most likely will expand into horses ... what I do is animal therapeutical massage which has lots of different benefits and will be looking into lasers and possibly even installing hydro pool if I ever expand that far .. its all in my head only for now but who knows where this will take me , so I want to start in small but want to keep the name going forward so really need it to be "future proof"

Thank you for your time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Furry Physio!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Rub ‘em up the right way.

hah thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

hahaaaaa I know I know :)

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Furry Physio!

That's good!

Thanks! well that is exactly what im struggling with- if I was not looking form marketing perspective etc I would do something that has "meeeee" all over it like CDC physio (CDC stands for crazy dog chick haha just one of the cutest thing I was ever called by somebody special who is not in my life anymore but I absolutely love the nick!)

But I understand nobody will probably remember it and will not understand what CDC stands for ... so I was thinking something more "professional" which will not have word "dog or canine" in it as I might and most likely will expand into horses ... what I do is animal therapeutical massage which has lots of different benefits and will be looking into lasers and possibly even installing hydro pool if I ever expand that far .. its all in my head only for now but who knows where this will take me , so I want to start in small but want to keep the name going forward so really need it to be "future proof"

Thank you for your time!

Wondered if you had thought of a pool seen a lot about the benefits of that and obviously not that widely available for good reason though as I'm guessing it's not cheap!

How about the Animal Physical Therapy Centre? Anyone looking for that kind of thing is going to search for it using a term similar to that so from an SEO pov I would think that could be good.

Then you could mix it up to make it more fun so you could have a treatment called Furry Therapy @ The Animal Physical Therapy Centre. The treatment then has a fun memorable name but the centre has a very professional sounding a me where people are going to feel their animal is going to get a proper professional treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

physiotherapy for
    animals
    with
    sports injuries

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

jimmii wrote: »
    Wondered if you had thought of a pool seen a lot about the benefits of that and obviously not that widely available for good reason though as I'm guessing it's not cheap!

How about the Animal Physical Therapy Centre? Anyone looking for that kind of thing is going to search for it using a term similar to that so from an SEO pov I would think that could be good.

Then you could mix it up to make it more fun so you could have a treatment called Furry Therapy @ The Animal Physical Therapy Centre. The treatment then has a fun memorable name but the centre has a very professional sounding a me where people are going to feel their animal is going to get a proper professional treatment.

I agree with the above.
    IMO I would keep it professional. Its a serious business, not a cuddly centre for pets, while you treat them yes but its a serious task. Pet owners bring there pets to you for the pets betterment. Say it as it is but dont narrow the focus, you may need to expand the business later to another fields of intrest. A name wont sell the business on its own, proper marketing , logo colours etc are of equal importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I like this sort of thing that you're doing and wouldn't normally do this. Like the above posters, I'd avoid furry, cuddly type names. You need to equate yourself with other professionals in the field.

I work in branding, photography and design and have been involved in the development of a lot of brands.

People have a lot of confidence in professionals that work with athletes when it comes to physio and surgery, and we're the same when it comes to the dags and nags!!

Going back to language roots (Latin) can work very well, not only for legacy reasons, but it resonates back to old medical and botanical descriptions giving an air of knowledge, training and studious scholarliness (all of which you have and should be proud of).

Performance, well-being, welfare are good, positive, comforting words that people want to associate with their dependents.

Example:
    CE-PERFORMANCE
    CanisEquus Physio & Well-being for Performance Animals.

(canis lupus familiaris is the latin for our modern day domesticated dog. Equus is a genus of mammals in the family Equidae, which includes horses, asses, and zebras)

The main heading, CE-PERFORMANCE is typographically attractive, it can be worked well in to a good, strong logo.

The tagline CanisEquus Physio & Wellbeing for Performance Animals will give the impression that you're dealing with the elite of the domestic animal world. You're not lying at all. Just putting it out there. This will attract people that want the best for their animal, be it a lapdog, greyhound, sheepdog, racehorse or pony and could indeed attract the men and women involved in hunting, show and working animals where their dogs and horses make money and work in protection, sports, farms etc...

I'm not in a position to offer a logo and brand unfortunately. But this might be something you can start with.

Get a designer to work on the logo. Stick with our chosen colours (max two), font and brand throughout all of your documentation and social media.

Dags & Nags does sound funny though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

endacl wrote: »
    Rub ‘em up the right way.

Think the OP wants to set up a Physio, not a beastiality clinic. :P

I would simply go for the Animal Physiotherapy Clinic. When people look for a service they look for it online. What are they going to type in if they actually want a service like this?

I had a distribution business years ago, and I called it Distribute Your Product. It was top or first page of google for almost all product distribution variations typed in and I never spent a penny on SEO or any of that. The name isn't exactly attractive, catchy or simple to type in, but its very effective to do it that way. An SEO guru might tell me its all changed since then but it worked very well at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Keep it simple, you are doing something that is niche and those that want the service need to be able to find it.You also need to appear professional, people consider animals part of the family. I am not going to bring my dog to get physio off someone that sounds like it could be a dog groomers who claims to do a bit of physio.

Like El Rifle says if I have a need I am going to go search for it online and use relevant words like animal physio. Using latin words or funny phrases is all well and good but no one is going to search for that online. Also if you meet someone and hand them your business card it should be clear straight away what you do, not you spending 5 minutes explaining it because the name makes no sense or is unrelated.

I would stick to using something simple, clear and professional..

Animal Physiotherapy Clinic
    Animal Welfare Clinic
    Animal Therapy Clinic

Hi yes I was looking into name like animal physiotherapy centre/ rehab centre but there is place around Dublin with similar ARC style in their name as well as place in Galway called Arkvets so better to avoid those?

definitely would love to get hydropool in, lets see how it all goes ;)

thanks, definitely agree but you cant get logo done without having name first ;( this is where I am stuck at the moment, and yes I also think I should keep it serious instead of fluffy/ cuddly etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Why go with acronyms, its the same problem..no one will know what it is. I meant keep it simple and use that full name. No one is going to search for ARK on Google or know what it is on a business card. Sometimes it doesnt have to be all cool and trendy , its not a fancy gadget on kickstarter..its a service thats not common and people that would use it need to be able to find when they look for it.

Good luck with hydropool :pac:..leave that to the website under services

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Be careful with the term physio. I'm not sure what the situation is with regards to animal care, but for people, the term physio is legally protected and it would be misleading if you are calling yourself a physio or physical therapist, when in fact you are a massage therapist. Just something to be aware of.

Hi and thank you soooo mcuh this was great help! really appreciate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Cain now Abel.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Bonio

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

pconn062 wrote: »
    Be careful with the term physio. I'm not sure what the situation is with regards to animal care, but for people, the term physio is legally protected and it would be misleading if you are calling yourself a physio or physical therapist, when in fact you are a massage therapist. Just something to be aware of.

Yep. If I want a physiotherapist for my dogs (and I have done in the past), it's a qualified physiotherapist I want.
    I'd pass on anyone calling themselves or their business something they're not actually qualified in, to be frank. It's misleading.

DBB wrote: »
    Yep. If I want a physiotherapist for my dogs (and I have done in the past), it's a qualified physiotherapist I want.
    I'd pass on anyone calling themselves or their business something they're not actually qualified in, to be frank. It's misleading.

Thanks, Im actually looking into staying at college to become full physio therapist, I see your point, I have 3 pups myself

Hi all, so I really like the idea of "Animal Therapy Centre" and did a little Google search and realised that actually this relates to more the animals (canines/ horses) being used as therapy animals for people ... I just don't want to name the business as something that people will confuse and will get completely wrong idea of what I am doing, any ideas on this please? I'm lost :( thanks all and happy Friday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Got notification form user "elco" about post to this thread but when I open thread I cannot see his/ her post, can you pm me directly? I would be happy to share the info about course and how it is few months later ... btw went with some "mix" of the name which is also something very private and important to me as well as official - called it CDC Animal Therapy :) website in progress, FB page up and running, if anybody is interested to check it out thanks all for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Theres a canine grooming place in Bray called Vanity Fur, thought it was a clever name

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elco

PM sent thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement