Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response to correspondence

Options
  • 09-02-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi 

I wrote to the Eir Customer Service Dept on the 22nd of January last and to date I have not received any response.  I work in a solicitors and there is no way that we would allow correspondence to go for a period of two weeks without reply.  I would at the very least have expected to receive a holding letter stating that someone was looking into the matter and would revert.

The reason for my letter was that I upgraded my mobile on the 13th of January and entered into a new contract with Eir for the mobile, house phone and broadband.  However, the contract I signed states a different price (more expensive) to the follow up email received from yourselves.  The price difference may not be a lot to Eir but it's a lot to me particularly since I've already received my first bill after the upgrade and it was more expensive than the price quoted both on my contract and by Eir. 

I had an awful experience in dealing with Eir a couple of years ago which was only ultimately resolved after I made a complaint to the Communications Regulator.  I don't wish to have to do this again but will unless I receive a response within the next few days.  

Maria

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

RiaS2018 wrote: »
    Hi 

I wrote to the Eir Customer Service Dept on the 22nd of January last and to date I have not received any response.  I work in a solicitors and there is no way that we would allow correspondence to go for a period of two weeks without reply.  I would at the very least have expected to receive a holding letter stating that someone was looking into the matter and would revert.

The reason for my letter was that I upgraded my mobile on the 13th of January and entered into a new contract with Eir for the mobile, house phone and broadband.  However, the contract I signed states a different price (more expensive) to the follow up email received from yourselves.  The price difference may not be a lot to Eir but it's a lot to me particularly since I've already received my first bill after the upgrade and it was more expensive than the price quoted both on my contract and by Eir. 

I had an awful experience in dealing with Eir a couple of years ago which was only ultimately resolved after I made a complaint to the Communications Regulator.  I don't wish to have to do this again but will unless I receive a response within the next few days.  

Maria
    Hi RiaS2018 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RiaS2018

Hi Thomas,

As you know I sent you a PM yesterday with the information you requested and thought I might have heard back by now although given my experiences with Eir in the past I'm by no means surprised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Thomas,

As you know I sent you a PM yesterday with the information you requested and thought I might have heard back by now although given my experiences with Eir in the past I'm by no means surprised!
    I am having difficulty locating your initial PM, can please forward it to me through PM again please?

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RiaS2018

Hi Thomas,

I am having difficulty locating your initial PM, can please forward it to me through PM again please?

Thanks

Thomas
    I've just sent it through again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Thomas,

Thanks

Thomas
    I've just sent it through again
    That's perfect. 

Thomas has received this now and will come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement