Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty plot beside Jervis LUAS

Options
  • 09-02-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭

This is the large empty plot to the east and south of Jervis St luas, immediately to the East of Chapter House.

It has had an 'acquired' sign go up - does anyone know who bought it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was only wondering that today when I passed it. Hopefully apartments but more likely to be offices or hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Hotel by the looks of it. The Marlet property group bought it for €22mil. They generally develop hotels. There's a previous planning permission for a 10 storey hotel with 350 rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I was sure that was being hung onto for some key infrastructure, its a huge site.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

trellheim wrote: »
    I was sure that was being hung onto for some key infrastructure, its a huge site.

It was bus parking pre-Luas when many routes started around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

trellheim wrote: »

I thought I heard ages ago it was bought so the childrens court could be developed on it

But another hotel..so incredibly dull. Theres about 20 being built right now, and several large extensions to existing hotels too, all as nondescript as the next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

wakka12 wrote: »
    I thought I heard ages ago it was bought so the childrens court could be developed on it

But another hotel..so incredibly dull. Theres about 20 being built right now, and several large extensions to existing hotels too, all as nondescript as the next

Yes but there is a serious shortage of hotel rooms these days, caused largely by the shortage of houses...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Surely anything is better than a vacant lot with weeds growing up and litter everywhere. Whatever development happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Isn't the children's court due to be built on the empty plot at the Smithfield Luas stop?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Speedsie wrote: »
    Isn't the children's court due to be built on the empty plot at the Smithfield Luas stop?

Yes. The site on Hammond Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Speedsie wrote:

Peregrine wrote:
    Yes. The site on Hammond Lane.

That's been the plan for eons.. anyone know the reason for delay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Zipppy wrote: »
    That's been the plan for eons.. anyone know the reason for delay?
    About a year ago the Supreme Court decided they wanted in too, so the plans are having to be redrawn.

Starting to clean out the empty plot already - there's also new concrete blocks gone into the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Starting to clean out the empty plot already - there's also new concrete blocks gone into the plot.

Be great to see something there...how long is it a vacant site?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Back in '97 I worked in the Arnotts warehouse that stood on that site. It was gone fairly shortly afterwards and there's been no building there since I believe.

Look forward to the ratchet in work for the foreseeable further anyway... literally work in the offices next door to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Are there any renders or drawing proposals for the site knocking about? Would think so if they've started construction..but haven't seen anything

Are there any renders or drawing proposals for the site knocking about? Would think so if they've started construction..but haven't seen anything

Just looks as if they're prepping tbh

All hoarding up around it as of Friday.

Advertisement