Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fottrell Hall Castleknock

Options
  • 09-02-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Anyone know how much these houses will be launched at ?
    Also what is the general area like? Carpenterstown Road. How are the public and private secondary schools in the area? Thank you in advance for any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Previous houses there sold for €1.1 million so that's your baseline.

Schools are great, area is very suburban but you're within walking distance of shops, pub and hotel/restaurant.

Noise from the M50 is a potential issue, if that would bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Toby Esterhase

Previous houses there sold for €1.1 million so that's your baseline.

Schools are great, area is very suburban but you're within walking distance of shops, pub and hotel/restaurant.

Noise from the M50 is a potential issue, if that would bother you.

Thanks for the quick response! What do you mean previous sold for €1.1m, I thought the development was not launched yet. Were they purchased off the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Maybe the houses in Cottonwood are the ones that FormerFormer is referring to https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-cottonwood-carpenterstown-road-castleknock-dublin-15/4061222
    The last one was up for sale for quite a while if I'm not mistaken.
    Great looking houses but right on top of each other with very small gardens!, if I was spending that much I'd like a bit more space but each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Toby Esterhase

That's interesting. They look like very different houses though. €1.1m seems a lot considering semi-detached houses nearby circa €500k. I viewed a house in Hamilton Park last year that was closer to the M50 and could not hear any road noise inside the house , I think they had good windows. Outside was just a faint hum, that was a Saturday though it could be busier during the week at rush hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Not sure if the OP is still interested but one of the houses sold (off the plans, I suppose) for €1.1 million in December, I saw it on the price register.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think its a decent area. I think the size of gardens is a little discordant with the type of property and the cost.

In one sense its worth the money if Dublin suburbs grow like London. Which it could do.
    If not then you can get far better bang for your buck if you are prepared to head out to Meath, which isn't that far away and in reach of the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Launching first week of March there is 2 houses sold & occupied already. Starting at €1.05m

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

Don't forget the prices on the property price register for new builds doesn't include vat at 13.5%. So the €1.1m on the register equates to a purchase price of €1.2485m.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

kevinc565 wrote: »
    Don't forget the prices on the property price register for new builds doesn't include vat at 13.5%. So the €1.1m on the register equates to a purchase price of €1.2485m.

Already factored in - actual price listed on the property price register is €969,163.00 which goes to €1.1m when you add the 13.5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

These were launched last week and a colleague looked at them. Fair few viewing apparently and lost seem to be sold already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement