Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bill do I owe???

Options
  • 09-02-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Extreme frustration here. I hope you can help. I feel like I'm being systematically tortured by the debacle that is eir's accounting "system" since I switched from "regular" eir broadband + landline to eir fibre on 18 Sept 2017.

I continued to be billed from the regular account and simultaneously billed for the eir fibre account for the same time periods.

I thought we got that bit all sorted, but today I received a text message reminding me to pay my bill.  What bill? I can't look at the other account(s), and besides, I have been ASSURED that the double-billed old account has been cleared. 

The last email (Jan 19th) I had from another account said "Your bill amount is €-35.36."  But I don't know what it's for.  If it's for a final amount on acct no 33905369, sounds like eir owes ME money... :confused:

My current account (35195101) says balance €0.00.
    I was unable to access the mystery bill/statement as it was not for the current acct.

The account numbers in question are:
    35195101 (Current- outstanding issues, incomplete service since 5 Jan 2018)
    33905369 (eir fibre acct from 18 Sep 2017- ceased in double-billing debacle 14 Dec 2017)
    84180813 (old account that I was being double-billed for)

Am I now being double-billed for the heretofore undisputed "ceased-thru-no-fault-of-my-own" account???
    (33905369)

I am the named account holder of all 3.

And I'm STILL waiting on the issue that no mobile phone can ring my reinstated landline since 10 JANUARY 2018.  I was without a landline (essential in my very-poor-to-no-mobile-signal location) from 14 Dec to 10 Jan. They at least got my internet back on 5 Jan.

(I tried ringing 1901, but I was on hold too long. Hands went numb.)

Please investigate and provide clarification??  Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Additional info:  Could it be for the "Standalone BB" eir provided, and set up by Kirsty on 19 Dec 2017, to tide me over with internet from 20 Dec to 5 Jan (18 days), that was supposed to be at no charge, as my situation was mutually agreed and accepted to be entirely eir's fault?

Acct no: 35086556
    It was given mobile no of 085 853 7957 (now inactive)

I never even added it to my growing list of accounts.

It was waived/cleared/wiped by Danny, with supervisor approval, on Thurs, 25 Jan 2018 between 4:30-4:45pm. The Gorey shop person had set it up incorrectly.
    If this is the alleged outstanding bill, yet again, it's an accounting error by eir.

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

"The last email (Jan 19th) I had from another account said "Your bill amount is €-35.36."  But I don't know what it's for.  If it's for a final amount on acct no 33905369, sounds like eir owes ME money... confused.png"

You are correct on that point. Eir do owe you €35.36. Ask the reps here to arrange the refund for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Extreme frustration here. I hope you can help. I feel like I'm being systematically tortured by the debacle that is eir's accounting "system" since I switched from "regular" eir broadband + landline to eir fibre on 18 Sept 2017.

I continued to be billed from the regular account and simultaneously billed for the eir fibre account for the same time periods.

I thought we got that bit all sorted, but today I received a text message reminding me to pay my bill.  What bill? I can't look at the other account(s), and besides, I have been ASSURED that the double-billed old account has been cleared. 

The last email (Jan 19th) I had from another account said "Your bill amount is €-35.36."  But I don't know what it's for.  If it's for a final amount on acct no 33905369, sounds like eir owes ME money... :confused:

My current account (35195101) says balance €0.00.
    I was unable to access the mystery bill/statement as it was not for the current acct.

The account numbers in question are:
    35195101 (Current- outstanding issues, incomplete service since 5 Jan 2018)
    33905369 (eir fibre acct from 18 Sep 2017- ceased in double-billing debacle 14 Dec 2017)
    84180813 (old account that I was being double-billed for)

Am I now being double-billed for the heretofore undisputed "ceased-thru-no-fault-of-my-own" account???
    (33905369)

I am the named account holder of all 3.

And I'm STILL waiting on the issue that no mobile phone can ring my reinstated landline since 10 JANUARY 2018.  I was without a landline (essential in my very-poor-to-no-mobile-signal location) from 14 Dec to 10 Jan. They at least got my internet back on 5 Jan.

(I tried ringing 1901, but I was on hold too long. Hands went numb.)

Please investigate and provide clarification??  Many thanks.
    Hi Banished-She,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement