Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strollers - Please help

• 09-02-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all, can any of you recommend your stroller to me. I have a 9mth old and is growing out of his baby carseat very quickly. Once out of it I really don't see the need for a travel system anymore. So I am looking for a good stroller for walking on country roads. What are your opinions? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

What's wrong with the travel system buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, its great but for holidays and going out for walks I just think a stroller would be handier for getting in and out of the car boot all the time, esp with folding it up and down too. The travel system has to be taken apart to fold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Not an umbrella fold but I always recommend the joie mirrus. One hand fold, very light, my lad did naps in the childminder with it and he’s still using it at age 3. I wanted something for the same reasons as you. In a spur of rage with system I bought this on sale at 99e. Best money I ever spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Not an umbrella fold but I always recommend the join mirrus. One hand fold, very light, my lad did naps in the childminder with it and he’s still using it at age 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a city mini in my car. I would check out the gt version for country roads!
    I paid €270ish for city mini, plus the footmuff and raincover from amazon. Gt was €100 more expensive. I use my bugaboo cameleon for walks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 kat939

I have a city mini gt - it's the only buggy we've had so can't compare it to anything but i like it! My 9 month old is very comfy in it, loads of room to grow into still and good suspension - we walk on country roads too. It's not the smallest to fold but you can do it with one hand and it fits into the boot of my focus anyway.

That's brilliant thanks very much. Going to check all of them out. Yeah it's just the fact you need to take the buggy off the base of Travel system to fold it, I dont see the need for it any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Single Baby Jogger City Mini and double Out n About Nipper here. Very happy with both. The City Mini is great as something compact that's reasonably good to walk with. Also, not something that's important to everyone, but it's very suited to tall kids with a high hood height.

If you can handle the buggy being a bit less compact the single Out n About would be great for country usage.

I have a 22 month old and 12 day old.

Thanks all got the phil and teds navigator in the end. Once we get use to it it'll be great. Went for a short walk on country lane and was super on the stones! Only thing I would say is that the child seems v upright in it but once we do get the hang of it and he gets use to it should be great, love the way the child can be put lying back in it if asleep. Thanks for all the info

Advertisement