Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access some areas

Options
  • 09-02-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to go into that mysteries of the unexplained forum a little while ago and got the you do not have access to this page thingy,
    StringerBell, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

didn't think much of it and assumed probably a glitch.

Today I tried to go into Films and got the same message, hasn't popped up anywhere else I've gone lately but may not just be isolated to those two at the same time.......any ideas?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi StringerBell,

Just to check, are you trying to access this Films forum: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18. There's an inactive one that's listed when you start searching for Films as well, which displays that message.

Mysteries of the Unexplained has also been shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Hmmm.....it is a viewing issue then, on the drop down from Arts if I try to go into Films it doesn't let me, same thing if I click Television on the drop down.

This has been happening with Politics too now I think of it, if I click into it on the drop down it brings me to the archived politics. I have to search for it instead or go through my old posts.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Boards.ie Employee

That's very strange. Could you try clearing your cache please? When did this start happening? And could you let me know what browser, device, and version of the site you're using?

I noticed it only after changing skin for the first time in my life, I have started using the "evil" boards theme.

Its the desktop version of boards, browser is Chrome and its an ASUS laptop

Boards.ie Employee

Ah, I see. I know that skins are no longer supported, so this may cause some issues. It displays inactive forums, for example, which will produce the above error.

For films, if you hover over Films under Arts, another menu will appear to the right. Clicking Films on that will bring you to the forum.

• Advertisement

Ill just change skin back if thats the issue, thanks for your help :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Reported the same problem a while back with the 'Television' forum, it's to do with using old forum skins with old links. If I select 'Television' from the drop-down menu I get the same error message you do.

A way I found to get around it is:

Select any forum that pops out under the error-message producing forum, for example in my case select 'Soap Operas' in the 'Television' drop-down. When it opens you can select the main 'Television' forum in the forum chain links at the top of the page, it'll open the 'Television' forum wherever it is currently located & you can click the 'Follow' link and add it to your 'My Forums' drop-down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement