Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cctv camera setup

• 09-02-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for thoughts. I want to setup a camera system probably 4 cameras and i want to be able to view in the house on a tv app like say on an amazon fire stick or phone/tablet or nvidia shield.
    If i download a normal web camera app could i view this type of camera?

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2R5THA/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_JIDFAbXK8W7M1

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Yup. That camera tells you which app to download so should be straight forward. That camera requires POE so you may have to buy the power injector seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

eezipc wrote:
    Yup. That camera tells you which app to download so should be straight forward. That camera requires POE so you may have to buy the power injector seperately.

Thanks, would it be possible to use any app available on any device as i probably wont be able to get that specific app on the fire stick?
    Do they all have similar ways of connecting i guess is what i am asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Thanks, would it be possible to use any app available on any device as i probably wont be able to get that specific app on the fire stick?
    Do they all have similar ways of connecting i guess is what i am asking?

I cannot say with that camera but I have had similar and there are plenty of apps available. A lot of them I would not trust though. You are basically giving a random third party access to your cameras.
    If the app won't work then you can connect via the browser.

Advertisement