Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics or history (leaving cert option choice)

Options
  • 09-02-2018 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was late into fifth year because I got moved up from ty about 3 weeks into the school year, and my initial option choices were biology chemistry and physics but due to the physic class being too full I was forced to pick history

I didn’t mind this because I got a b in history for the Jc and I don’t mind the subject but after a couple of months in I absolutely hate it. I’m planning on doing something to do with science in college probably will go down the biomedical science route. I’m young for my year and I’m going to be repeating 5th year and I was wondering if I should take up physics. I asked all my friends who do it and they hate it so much and strongly advise me against. I’m at a crossroads because I’m more interested in physics but I don’t want it to mess up my leaving cert if I struggle with it. I’ve always have trouble with time mangement and I don’t think I will be able for the history exam. Any people with experience on this topic I would really appreciate :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Enjoy the bit of History you are learning this year (knowing you will not be doing it for the Leaving) and make sure to get into the Physics class next year.

Advertisement