Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Conference in Dublin - best hotel for this?

Options
  • 09-02-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello!
    I'll be traveling to Dublin in May and I am going to be holding a health/business event. I've never been to Dublin before. There are 720 hotels on booking.com.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Nicole

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Depends on your price point and what you need. What is your brand and how do you want it portrayed? Is an airport location with a large hall what you need? Or do you need a 5-star plush experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nicole M

Thank you for the response! $200 a night would be ideal. I do not need a 5-star experience, however, I do need a central location with easy access. A conference room that is big enough to hold 20-30 guests, plus space for a table with a display. I'm an Area Manager for Arbonne - we are a health and wellness company.  I am bringing all items for the conference with me. Brand needs to be portrayed as quality products with an amazing business opportunity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hilton, not far from the Luas line passing through St. James, in terms of walking distance. Maybe 20 minute walk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nicole M wrote: »
    Thank you for the response! $200 a night would be ideal. I do not need a 5-star experience, however, I do need a central location with easy access. A conference room that is big enough to hold 20-30 guests, plus space for a table with a display. I'm an Area Manager for Arbonne - we are a health and wellness company.  I am bringing all items for the conference with me. Brand needs to be portrayed as quality products with an amazing business opportunity.

Does the 200 dollars a night include the conference room each day?

The $200 would just be for the hotel room. I would have to inquire how much the conference room would be.  Once I narrowed down my options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The $200 would just be for the hotel room. I would have to inquire how much the conference room would be.  Once I narrowed down my options.

That's about 160 euro per night you may struggle to find a nice hotel for that price

Central locations would be Dublin 1 and 2

I will look in Dublin 1 and Dublin 2 - thank you! So then typical rooms cost more than 160 euro a night. I liked the look of The Charles Stewart. Seemed like a great location. Not sure if they have a conference room though. I'll keep looking. Thanks again!

I will look in Dublin 1 and Dublin 2 - thank you! So then typical rooms cost more than 160 euro a night. I liked the look of The Charles Stewart. Seemed like a great location. Not sure if they have a conference room though. I'll keep looking. Thanks again!

That's a guest house and not in a great location

Check out the Davenport in Dublin 2 the Ballsbridge hotel in Dublin 4 the Mespil and the Hilton

All of those have good conference facilities and are accesible, I've been to conferences in all of them

Perfect!!! Thank you so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

From people in the know in events sector, I've heard they avoid booking the Davenport.

They give thumbs up for Radisson Blu, Golden Lane, Dublin 2.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

You could try The Spencer or The Gibson on the North Quays. Easily accessible with the Luas and The Spencer at least is very close to city centre. Both modern 4 star hotels well used to hosting conferences and should come in around your budget.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Herbert park in ballsbridge would be a good fit.

Thank you!

Hi! I quickly read the link. I also sent a private message! Sounds like this couple signed up and expected to make money. Potential is there, however, just like any job you have to work your business to make money. The claims of a pyramid scheme I don't buy - a pyramid scheme is when you are promised to make a certain amount of money for another amount of money. Investment is only $79 and that buys you catalogs and samples. It's up to the individual where they take their business. I don't depend on anyone. I know plenty of Regional Vic Presidents and National Vice Presidents. There is no ceiling so anyone can attain whatever level they desire, however, they do have to do the work to get to that level. Does that answer your question?

Advertisement