Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Johns Castle Limerick

Options
  • 09-02-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know what king John's castle is like as a concert venue? We are trying to get bellx1 tickets and know what vicar st is like but tickets are gone.
    Is it a big venue, it's obviously outdoors and standing only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what king John's castle is like as a concert venue? We are trying to get bellx1 tickets and know what vicar st is like but tickets are gone.

Saw Gavin James there last August. The weather was awful so the wind played havoc with the sound and the rain dampened the mood completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Saw Gavin James there last August. The weather was awful so the wind played havoc with the sound and the rain dampened the mood completely.

Thanks for that. I can get tickets for bellx1 on the May bank holiday weekend but we've never been to limerick so we were in two minds. You never know with the weather so we might give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I was there for a gig before.

Weather was fine.

Great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Thanks for that. I can get tickets for bellx1 on the May bank holiday weekend but we've never been to limerick so we were in two minds. You never know with the weather so we might give it a miss
    its a lovely venue, not overly big, but not tine either

sound is usually quite good, yes it has its moments with strong wind, but it's usually not bad at all
    certainly worth a trip to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Been to a couple of gigs there. Lovely venue beside the river. The issue is if the weather is bad you'll get wind from the river which will hurt the sound quality. It isn't tiny but not a huge venue. I couldn't even guess numbers to be honest. Im heading to bellx1 there myself so hoping it will be a great gig. Best of tour as well. The city should be buzzing that weekend as well for riverfest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I cant help on your question but there are a few people on Twitter selling tickets for Bellx1 in Vicar St last week
    Or keep an eye on Toutless?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

dragonfly! wrote:
    I cant help on your question but there are a few people on Twitter selling tickets for Bellx1 in Vicar St last week Or keep an eye on Toutless?

Thanks I never thought of toutless. We had given up on vicar street because there's been hardly any tickets online for sale.

Advertisement