Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC 4320 stuck in engineer mode

Options
  • 10-02-2018 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Having some trouble with my SPC 4320 after a firmware upgrade to 3.8.5. It was on 3.6.6 so I used the firmware for upgrades from 3.6/3.7. Went fine. Reboot was ok.

On the keypads I see the Engineer on Site message. I get access denied if I try any of my normal user pins or the normal engineer one. Same applies to the web interface, I will get "access denied engineer on site" if I use my normal pin.

Tried connecting over USB with the new spc connect pro and run into the same access denied, engineer on site.

Strangely I can still log in with my normal user on spcconnect and see the panel.

Is there any other way to clear the engineer on site setting?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Where did you you do the upgrade from.
    You should be able to log back in from there and leave engineer mode.
    Alternatively enter the engineer code on the keypad and leave engineer mode from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Had it a few times before power cycle the panel and all should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Have tried the power cycle and also a soft reset, short press of yellow button. Still the same.

I upgraded the firmware using the 3.6.6 spc connect application, but I can no longer connect using that presumably because it can't talk to a version 3.8.5 panel?

I've tried all the engineer codes that I know both in the new spc connect pro app, also on the keypad, and via trying to use the web interface via the spcconnect.com website.

Thinking at this stage I'll may have to just factory reset it and go back to scratch.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you connect to the panel from your browser?
    Did you have engineer code before you started?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you connect to the panel from your browser?
    Did you have engineer code before you started?

Had the engineer code. I can get to the panel login screen from the browser but it won't accept any of the credentials I put into it. :mad:

• Advertisement

Zith wrote: »
    Had the engineer code. I can get to the panel login screen from the browser but it won't accept any of the credentials I put into it. :mad:

Ahhhhh, just managed to get it out from the keypad. Of course I was using the wrong engineer code. Remembered another that I would have used a long time ago and that did the trick. Phew!

Thanks for the help

Ahh well. All ends good.
    I would always use the browser for updates much easier and it takes you back to the login after the system restarts.

Advertisement