Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC/Recording Gameplay

Options
  • 10-02-2018 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry.. Completely new to this forum, so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but couldn't see anywhere more relevant to post it. My son is 10 and his dream is to be a 'YouTuber'. He's been saving for a while now and his goal is to buy a PC on which he can play games and record them. He currently is only interested in Roblox, which I assume doesn't require a hugely powerful computer, but I'm sure in the future he'll move on to more grown up games, so I want to get something that'll be capable of playing proper games to a decent level and also to record on OBS or whatever program is best.

We're not looking to build it ourselves, just to buy something ready made. I've had a quick look on Amazon and there's plenty of PCs with good reviews in the £500-£600 range. Only thing is I've no idea really about what specs we'd need and if our price range is even realistic. If anyone could help with any advice, I'd be really grateful. Also, if buying a PC, should we also get an SSD, as I've heard they make the system run a lot quicker? We're not in a huge rush. Don't want to buy something sub standard immediately. Can wait til we have more money to buy something good.

1. What is your budget? ~€900 atm, but can go higher if needed

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and the ability to record gameplay

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? Yes, we want two monitors, but can obviously buy one initially and another in the future
    6. Do you need any of the peripherals? We have nothing at the moment

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No
    8. How can you pay? PayPal/Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? Not in a huge hurry, just trying to figure out what we need.

Comments

Advertisement