Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the Guards with an Adult caution

Options
  • 10-02-2018 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all I'm 30 and am currently in the Defence forces. I'm looking to get into the guards . I received an adult caution five years ago . Wondering will this hamper my chances of joining and what to say if this brought up in an interview situation.
    I put it down to life experience and a stupid mistake

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

An Adult Caution is not a criminal conviction, but will flag. I believe you'll need a signed letter from the arresting Garda. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    An Adult Caution is not a criminal conviction, but will flag. I believe you'll need a signed letter from the arresting Garda. I could be wrong though.

Hmm ok I never heard of that either. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm 30 and am currently in the Defence forces. I'm looking to get into the guards . I received an adult caution five years ago . Wondering will this hamper my chances of joining and what to say if this brought up in an interview situation.
    I put it down to life experience and a stupid mistake

A friend was in the same situation a few years back, he went down to his local station and had a chat with the Sergeant, apologised for this actions that lead to the caution, did a bit of groveling and could show he had cleaned up his act over the last few years etc cut to a few years later and he's an active guard. Sometimes best to deal with these things head on!

Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

So wouldi have to go to the station where it happened it was in the city centre and im living in the country, I was thinking about not going for it if it was going to be an issue but I don't want something silly to stop me . It was five years ago and I have changed since then .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Just apply. If you overthought everything you'd never do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

L.Jenkins wrote: »

thats rubbish advice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

kravmaga wrote: »
    thats rubbish advice

How so?

Advertisement