Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV with 2 way audio

Options
  • 10-02-2018 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all

I'm planning on installing a DIY CCTV system using Hikvision cameras but want to include 2 way audio. I'll be using POE and splitters to power the peripherals. Microphones come with preamps and can be wired to the audio in on the cameras. However the speakers don't look to be straightforward. The options seem to be extensive network speakers or standard speakers for outdoor use requiring an amp. Can you tell me if the audio would be too low unamplified from the audio out on the camera? Is there an outdoor speaker available with a small integrated amp? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you are installing this in the Republic of Ireland I would suggest you get legal advice first because it is illegal to record people speaking without them knowing about it.

Advertisement