Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does a valuer do

Options
  • 10-02-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! My landlord told me that a valuer will come see my flat. Does that mean he is selling? The landlord lives in a different house on the same property

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Criss1 wrote: »
    Hi! My landlord told me that a valuer will come see my flat. Does that mean he is selling? The landlord lives in a different house on the same property

Could me, might also be getting some form of build insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most likely they will just look around and maybe measure the rooms.

The landlord might also be remortgaging or asking the bank for a lower mortgage rate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hope for the best, but plan for the worse.
    Start looking around Incase the LL is selling as the valuer is the first step in the sales process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Criss1

kceire wrote: »
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worse.
    Start looking around Incase the LL is selling as the valuer is the first step in the sales process.

Thanks everyone! And does everyone know how long selling usually takes? The contract says he has to give a month notice, but would I gain a few more months with the selling process or once the real estates come in I need to vacate?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Criss1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! And does everyone know how long selling usually takes? The contract says he has to give a month notice, but would I gain a few more months with the selling process or once the real estates come in I need to vacate?

Depends on location, price and condition.
    Just sold my grans house as she has moved out.
    So no sitting tennants, no unusual planning issues, straight sale.

Sale agreed in October and closed this week.
    I heard 3 months is the norm from sale agreed to closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Contract time is irrelevant if your legal entitlements are higher - how long have you lived there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Could it be for property tax? Maybe he needs to get a more recent valuation for Revenue. Or maybe that’s being too optimistic.

My own landlord sent someone over to do this last year. Turns out it wasn’t for the purposes of a sale. Hopefully it’s the same in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭raxy

Probably just changing mortgage to fixed rate. I just had to get a valuation done to go from variable rate to lower fixed rate.
    Valuation would be done by the purchaser not the seller so doubt he's selling. Our sale took about 5 months but could have been less as we had to wait for bank approval for 2 of those.
    Property tax rates are still frozen so it wouldn't be that either.

Advertisement