Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What value would you put on this? 2011 Lexus IS 200D Advance.

Options
  • 10-02-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I would be very grateful for opinions on this car please? And what people would value it at?

- 2011 Lexus IS 200D Advance. Executive High Spec Model
    - High Spec Model
    - 64,402 miles
    - Manual
    - Saloon
    - Tax 280
    - NCT July 2019
    - UK Import with vrt paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They would be asking between £7 to 9k in the uk. Lexus dealer will charge more than non franchise, but their warranty will be fairly worthless to you anyway.
    Keep in mind the 200d is still the same 2.2 engine as in the 220d but apparently less prone to issues and more economical.
    They’re very rare in the UK and over here compared to the likes of an A4 or even 3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Thank you Colm. In Ireland what do you think there worth? After VRT etc. Private sale. High Spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s hard to say because there’s so few of them out there, but I would say it’s worth what it costs to bring another one from the UK or very very slightly more as it’s less work than going to the UK.

I would rather pick my own one in the uk and deal with the Lexus dealer myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They would be asking between £7 to 9k in the uk. Lexus dealer will charge more than non franchise, but their warranty will be fairly worthless to you anyway.
    Keep in mind the 200d is still the same 2.2 engine as in the 220d but apparently less prone to issues and more economical.
    They’re very rare in the UK and over here compared to the likes of an A4 or even 3 series.

What sort of issues is the 220d prone to. I have heard the head gasket gives hassle on the 2.2 and the EGR needs cleaning but outside of that?

Advertisement