Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Won't play for me
    This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

GreeBo wrote: »
    The lane arrows are misleading here in fairness.

You mean the arrows on the road?

These are not misleading. These are standard arrows that shows you the driving lane splits in two (similar to how a driving lane splits in two for a climbing lane and driving lane)

These types of arrows are not directing you to choose a lane, nor an indication of which lane is used for which exit.

Therefore, this roundabout has no local markings and standard roundabout rules apply.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Won't play for me
    Video edited it should be good in a couple of minutes
    sound on the camera was too good! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Video edited it should be good in a couple of minutes
    sound on the camera was too good! :rolleyes:

Tut tut tut, plagiarising sound you naughty thing you :D

Btw who or what is SME?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

The red van immediately moves to the right of the lane, and tries to signal to get into the other one, he also comes to a complete stop.

I dont think they were trying to be difficult at all. Just poor judgement and should of went with the other cars directions. However, probably made the decision without checking, and didnt want to get right in the middle of what he thought was an opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    Tut tut tut, plagiarising sound you naughty thing you :D

Btw who or what is SME?

Sony, when you upload videos YT checks for copyright material

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a CD in the car.. But it does show that the dash cam has good sound reproduction.
    The video should play now with some freaky techno....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a CD in the car.. But it does show that the dash cam has good sound reproduction.
    The video should play now with some freaky techno....

Youtube picked up the audio from your car radio that was recorded on your dashcam and that's why you got a copyright strike? Lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

salonfire wrote: »
    You mean the arrows on the road?

These are not misleading. These are standard arrows that shows you the driving lane splits in two (similar to how a driving lane splits in two for a climbing lane and driving lane)

These types of arrows are not directing you to choose a lane, nor an indication of which lane is used for which exit.

Therefore, this roundabout has no local markings and standard roundabout rules apply.

*I* know that, but I think its very possible that they would confuse drivers.

tbh I dont see the need for them here at all, it would be *much* more useful to indicate what lanes people should be in...considering most people havent a clue how to use roundabouts.

Take Sandyford M50 roundabout or worse still, Sandyford/Dundrum slip road.
    Number of tossers turning right towards Dundrum in the left lane is unreal.
    Every. Single. Evening.

tbh I dont see the need for them here at all, it would be *much* more useful to indicate what lanes people should be in...considering most people havent a clue how to use roundabouts.

Every. Single. Evening.
    There is probably a case to be made for erecting signs and painting arrows on the lanes where there is persistent misuse of the roundabout.

OK, I know that many will still ignore them as the "I always go this way round" brigade won't change until a Garda stops them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Every. Single. Evening.

Yep, I agree.

It is odd to see these arrows at a roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

The ineptitude of the car driver equally matched by the skill of the bus driver.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 36,047 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

inforfun wrote: »

He blocked him off out of spite. He was driving like a idiot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I feel like I seen it before but.... It really made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He blocked him off out of spite. He was driving like a idiot though.

Looked to me like he made a good overtake and then moved back into the driving lane. How do you work that out to be blocking him in spite?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Looked to me like he made a good overtake and then moved back into the driving lane. How do you work that out to be blocking him in spite?
    To me it looked like he was moving back into the driving lane out of the way of speedy, but speedy was already committed to diving up the inside and couldn't handle the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Think there was two of them in it...

• Advertisement

Seen that on youtube before, many of the comments are about which country it was filmed in though, it's Not UK anyway, possibly SE Asia.

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Think there was two of them in it...

Who cares the Bora driver was a tool

There is probably a case to be made for erecting signs and painting arrows on the lanes where there is persistent misuse of the roundabout.

OK, I know that many will still ignore them as the "I always go this way round" brigade won't change until a Garda stops them.

A guard is the only way, these people know what they are doing as they are just skipping the queue since the left lane moves much faster.

I do enjoy driving straight on from the right lane when I see someone trying this trick...its funny when they beep at me as if Im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

A guard is the only way, these people know what they are doing as they are just skipping the queue since the left lane moves much faster.

I do enjoy driving straight on from the right lane when I see someone trying this trick...its funny when they beep at me as if Im wrong.

When they beep is when it's most worrying, I hate when people try cheeky things to skip the queue, but the fact that some people don't even realise that they are in the wrong makes me worry.

This is an old one, but this guy was laying on his horn, then he flashed his lights at me for about 50m after the roundabout.

Skip to 1:30

I would be leaving a lot more room from car in front though.

To me it looked like he was moving back into the driving lane out of the way of speedy, but speedy was already committed to diving up the inside and couldn't handle the change.

pretty sure he knew what he was doing though...

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

You honestly dont think he knew that guy was behind him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement