Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Damien360

Spook_ie wrote: »
    It's not a bike lane, it's a cycle track and cycle tracks are not exclusive to cycles, hence the broken white line
    Well, if you want to be really pedantic (and it seems like you do), it is an advisory cycle track - a highly visible advisory cycle track, that there is no excuse for any driver not seeing.

In fairness, some of those cycle tracks take almost half the available road. Parts of Kimmage road and Wainsfort road are ridiculous for both drivers and cyclist. Do a Google Earth of Wainsfort road to see what I mean. It is like this in a lot more places.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Damien360 wrote: »
    In fairness, some of those cycle tracks take almost half the available road. Parts of Kimmage road and Wainsfort road are ridiculous for both drivers and cyclist. Do a Google Earth of Wainsfort road to see what I mean. It is like this in a lot more places.

Not quite relevant to the original discussion, but I'm not sure I see what the problem is. If the cyclist is there, you're have to find a safe space to overtake, regardless of whether there is an advisory cycle lane present or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Not quite relevant to the original discussion, but I'm not sure I see what the problem is. If the cyclist is there, you're have to find a safe space to overtake, regardless of whether there is an advisory cycle lane present or not.

The problem is that you seem to think the driver couldn't see a section of red tarmac, where actually all that happened was they misjudged the kerb and rubbed off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Spook_ie wrote: »
    The problem is that you seem to think the driver couldn't see a section of red tarmac, where actually all that happened was they misjudged the kerb and rubbed off it.
    I responded to another poster who was making excuses for why the driver couldn't see it;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107805527&postcount=3268

Short of having a Mariachi band playing a special tune to point it out, it really couldn't be any clearer. There is no excuse for not seeing it.

Actually, I think the driver DIDN'T see the cycle track because he wasn't looking at the road - he was looking at his phone, like we all see drivers doing around us every day. If a cyclist or possibly even a pedestrian had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, someone could have been seriously hurt.

I did two trips outside of Dublin over the past month, and using phones at the wheel seems to be even worse - even on motorways, travelling at motorway speeds, there were drivers tapping their phones and holding phones to their ears for calls. There were tractor drivers and heavy truck drivers on their phones, along with lots of car drivers.

It's a big problem.

But that's just my guess, and I could be wrong. Maybe he 'misjudged' it as you say, which is pretty piss-poor driving too in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I responded to another poster who was making excuses for why the driver couldn't see it;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107805527&postcount=3268

Short of having a Mariachi band playing a special tune to point it out, it really couldn't be any clearer. There is no excuse for not seeing it.

Actually, I think the driver DIDN'T see the cycle track because he wasn't looking at the road - he was looking at his phone, like we all see drivers doing around us every day. If a cyclist or possibly even a pedestrian had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, someone could have been seriously hurt.

I did two trips outside of Dublin over the past month, and using phones at the wheel seems to be even worse - even on motorways, travelling at motorway speeds, there were drivers tapping their phones and holding phones to their ears for calls. There were tractor drivers and heavy truck drivers on their phones, along with lots of car drivers.

It's a big problem.

But that's just my guess, and I could be wrong. Maybe he 'misjudged' it as you say, which is pretty piss-poor driving too in my book.

I wasn’t making excuses, I was trying to understand how it happened. You have to know how mistakes were made to avoid them yourself...that is if you make mistakes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Cop on phone crashes into cyclist

<only car cams in this thread, no bike cams>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Cop on phone crashes into cyclist

Already shared a few weeks ago, you've got to get in faster.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

tedpan wrote: »
    Already shared a few weeks ago, you've got to get in faster.. :D

Dang! And I call meself a V8? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

That car driver at the start of that video needs to be put off the road. Seems to think it's reasonable once 'he' believes he didn't cause an accident that it's okay to go on his merry way after.

Hope he was reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

TallGlass wrote: »
    That car driver at the start of that video needs to be put off the road. Seems to think it's reasonable once 'he' believes he didn't cause an accident that it's okay to go on his merry way after.

Hope he was reported.

I think it rather illustrates why you don't attempt to overtake across a junction

Isambard wrote: »
    I think it rather illustrates why you don't attempt to overtake across a junction
    Yes, the road markings are clear that the road ahead is hazardous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dang! And I call meself a V8? :o

Lazy V8? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lazy V8? :p

needs a turbo

For about the 100th time. Not dashcam

Graphic Content Comments Say He Survived

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jimmynokia wrote: »

Camera needs just a little nudge downwards I think!

Camera needs just a little nudge downwards I think!
    bi
    Yeah it gets moved quite a just bought a new one today anyway so it wont be an issue again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Woman driving a Nissan Note on the wrong side of the road.... Knocklyon opposite SuperValu Dublin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Senior person would be my guess, they tend to like the Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

^ I hope she takes "Note" of her sh1t driving..

Must have been looking at a mobile phone or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Nah no chance. I doubt anyone that drives one of them Notes has anything to look at on a phone, if they have a phone at all. They just had no idea they'd joined a two way road after being on a dual lane one way.

Was it a rentacar I find them the most to commit silly offences with tourists in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Was it a rentacar I find them the most to commit silly offences with touists in them.

Couldn't see too many rental companies still having 15's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,939 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Patww79 wrote: »
    Nah no chance. I doubt anyone that drives one of them Notes has anything to look at on a phone, if they have a phone at all. They just had no idea they'd joined a two way road after being on a dual lane one way.
    Plus they were totally oblivious to the road markings at the lights, and the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

bazz26 wrote: »
    Senior person would be my guess, they tend to like the Note.

It was not a senior.. She looked young enough, early 20s. She looked back at me in her rear view mirror and definitely a young person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

It was not a senior.. She looked young enough, early 20s. She looked back at me in her rear view mirror and definitely a young person.
    Probably stoned. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement