Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Was it a rentacar I find them the most to commit silly offences with tourists in them.

Dublin Airport roundabout. I see near misses there almost daily. They get their car 100 yards up the road and for a lot of Americans its the first roundabout they've ever encountered.

You can usually spot them leading up to the roundabout. New car, going slow, unsure which lane to be in and often with two passengers in the front arguing, panicking and gesticulating over what to do. They invariably take the outside lane to go right for the M1 & almost collide with those on the inside going straight ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Dublin Airport roundabout. I see near misses there almost daily. They get their car 100 yards up the road and for a lot of Americans its the first roundabout they've ever encountered.

You can usually spot them leading up to the roundabout. New car, going slow, unsure which lane to be in and often with two passengers in the front arguing, panicking and gesticulating over what to do. They invariably take the outside lane to go right for the M1 & almost collide with those on the inside going straight ahead.

And the petrol or diesel sticker above the filler cap. Give them space and get past asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was amused by this, This dude fancied picking some blackberries on the go! Maybe he wants to make a pot of jam when he gets home :D... Blanchardstown somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

I was amused by this, This dude fancied picking some blackberries on the go! Maybe he wants to make a pot of jam when he gets home :D... Blanchardstown somewhere.

Ironically near the Strawberry Beds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Isambard wrote: »
    I think it rather illustrates why you don't attempt to overtake across a junction

Cool, so still leave anyway after having an accident, just cause you have the moral high ground.

The way I see it, you find yourself in the right or the wrong, you worry about that later, deal with the possible life or death situation created. Seriously, what ever you do, don't drive off!

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Cool, so still leave anyway after having an accident, just cause you have the moral high ground.

The way I see it, you find yourself in the right or the wrong, you worry about that later, deal with the possible life or death situation created. Seriously, what ever you do, don't drive off!

I didn't say that at all. Just pointing out the dangers of proceeding as this guy did.

spoilt by clips submitted by people who think they have priority when approaching a roundabout even when they haven't reached the line
    . The Chez78 clip for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Isambard wrote:
    spoilt by clips submitted by people who think they have priority when approaching a roundabout even when they haven't reached the line . The Chez78 clip for instance.

That's what you got from that video... You must be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Even though there was a broken line, but bad visibility, rain, and of course, an oncoming traffic and no space to safely finish the manoeuvre, as there were few cars in front.
    We were driving not far of the speed limit, pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Yeah he cut that one a bit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

When i see an overtake like that, am always tempted to stick the indicator just to see the driver sh!t himself. Sadly I know that if I did he would most likely slam on, lose control and wipe out some innocent driver/ped.

So I don't, still....temptation is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

soups05 wrote: »
    When i see an overtake like that, am always tempted to stick the indicator just to see the driver sh!t himself. Sadly I know that if I did he would most likely slam on, lose control and wipe out some innocent driver/ped.

Speed limit was 100km/h, so he was at..., 150 or thereabouts ? Going really fast anyway, I wasnt first car he overtook as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Homer

Yeah he cut that one a bit fine.

Looked like a yellow reg and they tend to have a loose interpretation of the rules of the road when on the other side of the border!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

soups05 wrote: »

Why?

If someone wants or is overtaking you just let them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Brown trouser moment for some guy this Monday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

irlrobins wrote: »

That's Dundrum right? If it's the roundabout I think it is, it has always been woeful for grip, it's sloping down and slick. Which used to be great for going sideways around in the 3er when I was out that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

That's Dundrum right? If it's the roundabout I think it is, it has always been woeful for grip, it's sloping down and slick. Which used to be great for going sideways around in the 3er when I was out that way!

Yep, spot on. Combination of speed, damp road and possibly crap tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

irlrobins wrote: »

Powerpants dat u?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

bazz26 wrote: »
    Senior person would be my guess, they tend to like the Note.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    Nah no chance. I doubt anyone that drives one of them Notes has anything to look at on a phone, if they have a phone at all. They just had no idea they'd joined a two way road after being on a dual lane one way.

Feckers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

When an idiot in a rush meets a dawdling idiot

Also, another day another idiot walking on the motorway. Idiot Monday!

Before anyone points it out, I'd just overtaken a van hence I'm in the overtaking lane ;)
    458960.png
    Deathwish.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Inviere

If it's the roundabout I think it is, it has always been woeful for grip

Yep, have found the same, brutal for grip there for whatever reason. Once it's wet it can be dangerous, as per the video. Combine that with ditch finders and it's brown trousers time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I really wanted to turn on your wipers in that clip :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Kepak workers. Constantly happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Two cyclists today straight through red light first lad bombed through them.. Forgot i had no sound on but i let a roar at them and man with glasses was laughing his head off
    https://youtu.be/WDMpHYmQr3g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Two cyclists today straight through red light first lad bombed through them.. Forgot i had no sound on but i let a roar at them and man with glasses was laughing his head off
    https://youtu.be/WDMpHYmQr3g

There are 4 types of rats: regular rats, pigeons, seagulls, AND CYCLISTS!!!!!!!

:cool:

Ok joking aside, the amount of cyclists who actually ignore red lights and other general road rules is fast becoming far too common. FFS I had a whole bunch of cyclists today travelling the wrong way ON A ONE WAY ROAD. Idiots :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

jaxxx wrote: »
    There are 4 types of rats: regular rats, pigeons, seagulls, AND CYCLISTS!!!!!!!

Oi! I'll sh*te all over you if you say that again :p

Speaking of sh*te... What hope have we got for red lights these days when motorists don't care

I may like ZZ Top if you haven't noticed

Or pedestrians...
    459005.png

I'd better be careful or I'll be lynched for speaking against red light breakers, we wouldn't want to upset those poor little snowflakes! :)

vlcsnap-2018-08-21-19h05m15s939.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement