Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

The less the state facilitates cyclists the better so. If cyclists don't feel compelled to use amenities provided for them, why provide them at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The less the state facilitates cyclists the better so. If cyclists don't feel compelled to use amenities provided for them, why provide them at all?

And presumably, drivists should never, ever use trains, by the same twisted logic?

Are you saying it's ok not to use a cycle lane?

Yes. Yes I am.
    Are you saying that it's okay for truck drivers to use their phone to record video while driving?

Not really. The original statement was implying that cyclists are worse than other road users in terms of compliance with the law.

All the evidence shows that this is untrue.

Not really. The original statement was implying that cyclists are worse than other road users in terms of compliance with the law.

All the evidence shows that this is untrue.
    There is also a lot of evidence that shows it to be true, this thread id full of such evidence.

• Advertisement

Yes. Yes I am.
    Are you saying that it's okay for truck drivers to use their phone to record video while driving?

Of course not.

Good to know my tax dollar isn't funding your frats' mentality too well. Yet anyway.
    Hope I'll be retired before then.

There is also a lot of evidence that shows it to be true, this thread id full of such evidence.

About 95%of the videos on this thread are showing crap, and frequently illegal driving - just in case you hadn't noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yes. Yes I am.

Are you saying that it was the truck driver recording the asshats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Most likely it is why would you think otherwise. Unusual spot for a passenger to be sitting anyway.

Yes. Yes I am.

Right hand drive roads normally have left hand drive vehicles.

Are you clutching at straws?

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Most likely it is why would you think otherwise. Unusual spot for a passenger to be sitting anyway.

I just don't jump to conclusions to suit my agenda, that's all. Andy regularly chances his arm and I was just wondering if he was in the truck at the time and knows for certain that it was the driver recording.

Yes. Yes I am.

Right hand drive roads normally have left hand drive vehicles.

Are you clutching at straws?

Normally? So just pulling an assumption straight out of your ass then. No change there I guess.

Normally? So just pulling an assumption straight out of your ass then. No change there I guess.

Grow up and stop being childish you can see the edge of the cluster surround on the dash it is the driver filming.

Time to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Kind of a dashcam just to break up the chat.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Grow up and stop being childish you can see the edge of the cluster surround on the dash it is the driver filming.

Time to move on.

That doesn't constitute proof. Now, you move on! :cool:

That doesn't constitute proof. Now, you move on! :cool:

Proving my point thanks

Of course not.

Good to know my tax dollar isn't funding your frats' mentality too well. Yet anyway.
    Hope I'll be retired before then.

I've no idea what is meant by 'frats' mentality'. If this is the tired old trope that suggests cycling is a leisure activity for middle aged men at weekends, you might want to have a look at the Census stats showing that more people commute by bike into Dublin than by DART, Luas and suburban rail combined. Now try comparing your 'tax dollars' (sic) spend on cycling facilities vs spend on DART, Luas and suburban rail combined, and let me know what you find.
    I just don't jump to conclusions to suit my agenda, that's all. Andy regularly chances his arm and I was just wondering if he was in the truck at the time and knows for certain that it was the driver recording.

So just to clarify, no, I wasn't actually in the cab with the driver. In fact, it's fairly certain that no-one was in the cab with the driver, given the absence of any banter or chat during the video. It's also interesting to note that the driver is speaking a European language, Dutch I think, so it would be unusual for a Dutch driver to be driving a RHD truck. It's also interesting to note that you can the edge of the cluster surround on the dash in the video.

The really interesting thing to note is the complete absence of any such critical analysis when it comes to having a go at cyclists. Was there a tide of questions asking whether it was actually a cycle lane on the left, given the complete absence of any visible markings? Could it possibly be just a path for pedestrians, or indeed a shared bike lane/path with wouldn't be appropriate for a club run going at significant speed?

But no, when there's a chance to have a dig at cyclists, let's all jump on the bandwagon. But when there's a chance to show that a driver or a 10-tonne truck is using a phone, let's all nitpick to let the guy off the hook. After all, what could possibly go wrong from a truck driver using their phone:

[Video is not for the faint hearted - disturbing]

About 95%of the videos on this thread are showing crap, and frequently illegal driving - just in case you hadn't noticed.
    Which is the entire purpose of the thread, is it not.

Which is the entire purpose of the thread, is it not.

Indeed, and there is a raft of other data showing how most motorists break traffic laws most of the time, though that doesn't seem to deter them in any way from whinging about cyclists breaking red lights here and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Speaking of videos

Think that was posted yesterday

Just in case we need more videos

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Think that was posted yesterday
    Yeah it was, but we needed videos to get away from the sniping. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

People still bothering engaging renko.

Yeah it was, but we needed videos to get away from the sniping. ;)

That's what I'm trying to do too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Pretzill wrote: »
    Where was that car park? I think I wandered into something similar in Dublin recently couldn't believe all the spaces taken - in fairness I could see why but it was billed as a public car park imo :)

It was Point Village, and there were about 400 empty spaces :P It's on the sign just after the "parked" van. It's harder to see than I thought it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

A couple of minor clips...

A close call at the roundabout

I know Golf is at most fault here, but I do feel that the black car is at fault a bit as well. They did not turn on the indicator until the last moment, when Golf probably looked and assumed they were going to stay on the roundabout.

We can cross now, bro.

The wondering pedestrian.

This guy does not even bother to look left. There was no acknowledgement between us at all. He just completely assumes that the car will give the way and strolls across, does not even bother to check. Very foolish and rude, I think

Red light? Ain't nobody got time for that!

^ Damn right!

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    People still bothering engaging renko.

It's ok I put him on ignore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement