Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Give it over lads. If it wasn't for inforfun and his Dumpert links this thread would've died a death a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

inforfun wrote: »
    I am not a mod on this forum.

Good luck with banning non-English links. :)
    The odd occasion where language adds to a clip, i do give the translation.

And yes, most of these dumpert clips can probably be found on youtube but to be honest, i cant be arsed looking for them.

The dumpert stuff doesnt bother me in the slightest tbh, its a video rarely is context required.

Whats annoying me is seeing a new post and it just being a youtube repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

t
    GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm fine with it other than we now are just posting repeats.

How about making a call thats its one or the other? (So basically telling the forum mod sorry, but the rest of us dont speak Dutch so stop posting your dutch videos!:p)

It's not a repost if you don't, or can't, click on the Dumpert link. I'm happy to see someone going to the effort of posting the much handier Youtube links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I like the dumpert stuff but it's handy having it embedded too.

Hurrache wrote: »
    t

It's not a repost if you don't, or can't, click on the Dumpert link. I'm happy to see someone going to the effort of posting the much handier Youtube links.

If the content is the same it's a repost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

So don't watch it the second time round then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Lovely difference between the biker (nah... you go first, your car is tougher than my knee caps) and the cyclist (i have green light so you wait, never mind my broken bones if you dont).

Red light runner, of course, is an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Lovely difference between the biker (nah... you go first, your car is tougher than my knee caps) and the cyclist (i have green light so you wait, never mind my broken bones if you dont).

Red light runner, of course, is an asshole.

Cyclist didn't appear to see the car until it almost all the way through the junction. Looked also to be going the wrong side of the island. But yeah, bloody cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Spook_ie wrote: »

What can I say?

Bloody Cyclists!

The first clip is a pedestrian turning around and going out of his way to assault a cyclist. Didn't bother watching after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

donvito99 wrote: »
    Cyclist didn't appear to see the car until it almost all the way through the junction. Looked also to be going the wrong side of the island. But yeah, bloody cyclist.

I can confirm both cyclists saw the car.
    The cyclist wearing the white hat was a more elderly gent, and ensured to drive up, look around and wave his arm in anger at the driver!

I wouldn't blame him though.
    A young lad on a bike was killed just down the road a month or so ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

whiskeyman wrote: »

I wouldn't blame him though.
    A young lad on a bike was killed just down the road a month or so ago...

Crushed to death by a lorry. Mustn't have been wearing hi viz/helmet... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Why do we keep getting youtube echos of posts?
    I'm fine with it other than we now are just posting repeats.

How about making a call thats its one or the other? (So basically telling the forum mod sorry, but the rest of us dont speak Dutch so stop posting your dutch videos!:p)
    The dumpert stuff doesnt bother me in the slightest tbh, its a video rarely is context required.

Whats annoying me is seeing a new post and it just being a youtube repeat.

yea I can se what you mean about reposts of the same thing being annoying ;)

Patww79 wrote: »

Its already done the damage if people have come to the thread expecting a new dash cam video but its just a repeat from a different site, why not post a facebook version or yet another video hosting site?

You can imagine how annoying it is to get a new post notification in the dashcam thread only to find its someone posting the same old thing...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Its already done the damage if people have come to the thread expecting a new dash cam video but its just a repeat from a different site, why not post a facebook version or yet another video hosting site?

You can imagine how annoying it is to get a new post notification in the dashcam thread only to find its someone posting the same old thing...:cool:

Oh the irony :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Spook_ie wrote: »

What can I say?

Bloody Cyclists!
    Jeez, some pi$$-poor cycling there. Those Russian cyclists are nearly as bad as Russian drivers. With less killing though.

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/1901324173295386/
    Trucker has a brain fart! (or possibly mechanical problems)
    Also causes a minor collision as drivers try to avoid him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Patww79 wrote: »

Was wondering why I kept thinking I've already seen this.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Oh the irony :o

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Effects wrote: »
    The first clip is a pedestrian turning around and going out of his way to assault a cyclist. Didn't bother watching after that.

Funny, it looked to me like a cyclist trying to barrel through pedestrians legitimately crossing at a pedestrian crossing, only for one of the pedestrians to refuse to get out of way of the lawbreaking cyclist. But then again, the usual crowd of irresponsible cyclists will always try to put the blame on someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Despite no seatbelts, just minor injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It’s really upsetting. I usually have to go for a bit of a lie down. Takes its toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

jaxxx wrote: »
    There are 4 types of rats: regular rats, pigeons, seagulls, AND CYCLISTS!!!!!!!

The lads are on their way to do your car.

endacl wrote: »
    It’s really upsetting. I usually have to go for a bit of a lie down. Takes its toll.

I'll just go ahead and refer you to post #3518

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/1901324173295386/
    Trucker has a brain fart! (or possibly mechanical problems)
    Also causes a minor collision as drivers try to avoid him.

Wonder was he trying his breakfast and a splash of oil got in his eye or eyes....

That or he was trying to open a can of Dutch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Plenty of people around, school goers. Built up area.

Would one of the red light breaking crew like to justify this please :D

But, how far did they get?

459846.png

Seems their nasty little brat is more important than everyone else in the vicinity, including you and your safety, for the sake of poor time management ;)

11c14410.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Jeez camera truck didn't leave much room for those that might be following his avoiding route pulled up just passed it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Your NCT is out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Your NCT is out ;)

If I were you, I'd get my eyes tested before I would write something like that ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement