Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

chewed wrote: »
    I bet they were going to Tara and missed the turn off, but did that really annoying Irish thing of stopping on the road, instead of finding a place to pull into and turn around.

Happens A LOT around Newgrange too, not a great road either for those kind of shenanigans either, tends to be smaller, new (ish) cars, usually white lol so tend to be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

More reckless driving in Blanch..

Lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

inforfun wrote: »
    A while ago i posted that guy who crashed his car i na tree during a so called "Kiki challenge", now i bring you this moment of satisfaction.

Pardon my French but what in the actual duck is a 'Kiki challenge'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

jaxxx wrote: »
    Pardon my French but what in the actual duck is a 'Kiki challenge'?

Something simpletons do to put up on their Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Patww79 wrote: »
    Something simpletons do to put up on their Facebook.

Oh so it's one of them "look at me I'm all special because I'm doing the same thing hundreds of thousands of other idiots are doing because I haven't an original thought in my head" type things? I got it :cool:

Whatever happened to that old mentality of 'not jumping off of a bridge just because everyone else does it'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

bladespin wrote: »
    Happens A LOT around Newgrange too, not a great road either for those kind of shenanigans either, tends to be smaller, new (ish) cars, usually white lol so tend to be prepared.

I can't multiquote on mobile, but a few have asked the same question and looking back now it does seem to be a classic case of a lost tourist. It may not be clear on the recording, but he did pull out into the junction as opposed to just trundling along. What grabbed my attention first was the Mitsubishi towing the boat, as he made a bit of a lunch into the filter lane, so most of my attention was on him in case I had to make an evasive manoeuvre, so to then have the Mini act the idiot didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

tedpan wrote: »
    More reckless driving in Blanch..

Lunchtime

Your choice in music is..... unfortunate.

Also, that's basically nnuts for that junction

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Seve OB wrote: »

Posted like a day ago

Dartz wrote:

The junction or the driving?

• Advertisement

The change at that junction is a bit mad but it's very well marked.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Posted like a day ago
    Yeah, that's the facebook one I posted earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fritzelly wrote: »
    Posted like a day ago
    Yeah, that's the facebook one I posted earlier.

my most humble apologies for posting a youtube echo of a facebook video

im guessing that was the link which I and some others clicked which wouldn't open because of the whole facebook group thing

im guessing that was the link which I and some others clicked which wouldn't open because of the whole facebook group thing

I, for one, am grateful. Anything that stops me joining a Facebook group.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

delly wrote: »
    I can't multiquote on mobile, but a few have asked the same question and looking back now it does seem to be a classic case of a lost tourist. It may not be clear on the recording, but he did pull out into the junction as opposed to just trundling along. What grabbed my attention first was the Mitsubishi towing the boat, as he made a bit of a lunch into the filter lane, so most of my attention was on him in case I had to make an evasive manoeuvre, so to then have the Mini act the idiot didn't help.

Did you notice the flashing blue lights on the diver search and rescue vehicle?

I would have preferred to post the youtube video as well, it's a bit of a pain to find that the group is private.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Dartz wrote: »

It's regular for that junction, every single change of lights, from both direction. The council really made a balls of it to the point I actively avoid it now where I can.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Patww79 wrote: »
    The change at that junction is a bit mad but it's very well marked.

The idiot who changed the design of that junction to what it is now, should be punched in the face and never make another decision in his of her life again.

inforfun wrote:
    The idiot who changed the design of that junction to what it is now, should be punched in the face and never make another decision in his of her life again.

Probably the same guy who designed the roundabouts in Ballycoolin towards Ashbourne..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Thanks for posting it. I couldn't be bothered to join a group just to watch a video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Ryath

Why I'm glad I got a dash cam. Only have it a few months could have a montage of clips like this If I had bothered down loading them before now.

This roundabout is bad at the best of times half the drivers who use it don't have a clue what lane to be in.

Probably doesn't look as bad as it was with the wide angle lens and without the sound of me leaning on the horn when he started pulling over on top of me.

Thought this was hilarious :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

site_owner wrote: »
    Did you notice the flashing blue lights on the diver search and rescue vehicle?

The amber lights, yes. It's the 5 second mark that he marks a sharp turn into the junction, hence giving awareness of his intentions.

Close one for the cyclist..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

tedpan wrote: »
    Thought this was hilarious :D

I'd be like run for the hills - the aliens are invading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Compilation of submitted clips ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Compilation of submitted clips ...

And fair play to the hedgehog guardians :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Anyone make out the Transit in the middle of the road @1.08?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

When you are racing home to turn off the immersion before your ma scalds you...

Section of road for reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

When you are racing home to turn off the immersion before your ma scalds you...

Section of road for reference

He is very lucky that ute didnt pull out on top of him!

I'd be pulling back if someone like this was in front of me, when he has head on smash its back into you he will be going if you stay that close...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement