Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

GreeBo wrote: »
    He is very lucky that ute didnt pull out on top of him!

I'd be pulling back if someone like this was in front of me, when he has head on smash its back into you he will be going if you stay that close...

They are, that's the road from Navan to the home place, there has been a series of nasty accidents along there for exactly the reason shown in the video - utter gobsh1tery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

bladespin wrote: »
    They are, that's the road from Navan to the home place, there has been a series of nasty accidents along there for exactly the reason shown in the video - utter gobsh1tery.

You must be very local to me so ;)

It just seems to be that stretch of road between Scanlons and the top of Proudstown where most accidents/fatalities occur. You'd think others would get the message it's a blackspot!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Anyone make out the Transit in the middle of the road @1.08?

"First class" is wrote on the van 181 LS 71

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You must be very local to me so ;)

It just seems to be that stretch of road between Scanlons and the top of Proudstown where most accidents/fatalities occur. You'd think others would get the message it's a blackspot!
    Dangerous aul spot that scanlon's junction.

I remember driving around there in my Alfa 156 many moons ago and I had to swerve into the ditch to avoid a wagon in a wagon. :D
    You could see my braking line for weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Cheap camera, apologies for the quality.

This happened today between Youghal and Dungarvan.
    There was a long line of traffic travelling at about 70 km /hr. Two large trucks at the head of the queue.

One of the trucks turns off and the second one pulls in to the hard shoulder so traffic starts to move a bit.
    4 cars in front of me, first car puts indicator on in good time to turn right so I pull back slightly.

Car in front of me decides he's not waiting, goes to overtake 3 cars in front of him.
    I'm watching thinking oh ****, I hope the car doesn't turn right.

The guy overtaking realises that the car is either going to turn or he's going to go head on in to a car in the opposite direction so he pulls in behind the car almost colliding with a car undertaking the car turning right and car no 3.
    He just about makes it but I'd say his underpants was brown after.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭josip

MOD edit - Not dashcam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Earlier today on Dunkettle interchange (just outside Cork City) a car went through a red light, looks like he was watching the next set of traffic lights. He's lucky that most cars weren't taking the first exit. The way that the truck bolted through shows what could have happened.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Earlier today on Dunkettle interchange (just outside Cork City) a car went through a red light, looks like he was watching the next set of traffic lights.

I did that before but at the previous set of lights when your exiting the dual carriageway (coming from Middleton), went right through the fcukers completely oblivious to them as I was watching the set at the actual roundabout!!

Brain fart moment but luckily no one else was coming when I did it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Earlier today on Dunkettle interchange (just outside Cork City) a car went through a red light, looks like he was watching the next set of traffic lights. He's lucky that most cars weren't taking the first exit. The way that the truck bolted through shows what could have happened.

that seems a pretty bad setup, to have no lights forward of the stop line.
    seems like an "honest" mistake, but could easily end up in disaster as you point out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

site_owner wrote: »
    seems like an "honest" mistake, but could easily end up in disaster as you point out

Or put the stop lines further back a bit so that at least the drivers have a better view of the traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd agree tbh. I've seen a few similar incidents at junctions with no lights forward of the stop line, or like this, the lights that are forward are not directed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I did that before but at the previous set of lights when your exiting the dual carriageway (coming from Middleton), went right through the fcukers completely oblivious to them as I was watching the set at the actual roundabout!!

I think we'd be all kidding ourselves if we denied that we ever had similar brain fart moments out there in the car. I know I've had a few down through the years, you kinda realise half way through :o

but I also think that while you do brainfart, you are most likely also looking around you and aware of whats around you. I mean, when a light goes green and you are at the top of the queue do you just go without looking? no, you will go, but also be mindful that someone could be jumping the red on the far side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That abomination on the Mass/Long Mile is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Sit at the dunkettle roundabout every day. The amount of red light jumpers is actually scary.
    This morning an artic came down the Dublin road and went through, a good 3-4 seconds after my lights went green. Thank feck no one was in a hurry off the line.

au8A1o3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,915 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

au8A1o3.gif

What a fcuking idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Blind as well as stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

au8A1o3.gif

I have given out a lot of my copyrighted 'special kind of special' awards, but this tw@t has taken bronze, silver and gold at the 'SKOS' olympics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I've done the exact same. Only realised when I looked in my rearviewer when the Little Island traffic merged in.

• Advertisement

Summary:-
    Cyclist riding a bike the wrong way on the M6 (UK) in lane two!

https://www.facebook.com/graeme.davies3/videos/2070944876273495/?hc_ref=ARTrrjIQAgZGYr2-NLNKSwJj6zHP1KaBOeJ_pX8dfiN9UuIQCpKRyOuGvK3ofWzKTdo&__xts__[0]=68.ARAwCVg7jASmjXxJWdyv1GaIt8oopsnk9VDcGdURNaU-pmiZro87mH6vP7FPll9ugU0hTYg2K93wqoTlDHsqgZWvNY7TaVcnx9vLmRVH9tOu79PV0fcOwS-8ZcFyizeR7RrN_Ci5RGfp1c0TwLPaJOYn-xtBpr-LE40krtXbQEGovCrD_0hPxZvtDuJxRK-YY9xuMLF2qGf6lPdJgWxE4GZgM3km8MUrNzAvhME0&__tn__=lC-R

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

astonishing, I'd love to know the back story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I've seen a few of them on the M50.

There's one brave soul that regularly braves the traffic on the N3 most mornings.

Isambard wrote: »
    astonishing, I'd love to know the back story!
    I am going to guess that the road is closed up ahead as the VMS is flashing and someone with a bike on the car decided to ride up to see what's happening and is now on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Dartz wrote: »
    I've seen a few of them on the M50.

There's one brave soul that regularly braves the traffic on the N3 most mornings.

the wrong way in the middle lane? It must be a new fashion like kiki

More like a Darwin award contender!

Cycling on the N3 (legal) and M50 (illegal) are two totally different things.
    And I'd be genuinely shocked if people are cycling the wrong way between lanes on either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Legal, but suicidal in traffic that's swapping lanes and trying to do 80kph.

I'm surprise he hasn't been clobbered - I've seen him for years cycle past the M50 slipway which means he's basically ridding between 2 full-speed lanes for quite a bit of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

"Kiki are you riding?
    The wrong way.
    On the motorway."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement