Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

site_owner wrote: »
    YNiufaC.gif

Looks like the usa, where in most if not all states you can overtake in any lane.

I don't see the issue... every lane is a driving lane.

And who's to say that the car that pic was taken from wasn't holding up traffic by driving at 10mph, causing everyone to pass on both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

mikeecho wrote: »
    Looks like the usa, where in most if not all states you can overtake in any lane.

I don't see the issue... every lane is a driving lane.

And who's to say that the car that pic was taken from wasn't holding up traffic by driving at 10mph, causing everyone to pass on both sides.

Are we looking at the same clip?

Biker getting taken out of it by a lost load.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

amcalester wrote: »
    Are we looking at the same clip?

Biker getting taken out of it by a lost load.

I'm looking at a still image of cars in lane 1 and 3.
    Lane 2 is empty.

The car in lane 3 (left most ) has a trailer..

(I'm viewing on the touch version )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

mikeecho wrote: »
    I'm looking at a still image of cars in lane 1 and 3.
    Lane 2 is empty.

The car in lane 3 (left most ) has a trailer..

(I'm viewing on the touch version )

Touch the image to play it... biker knocked down....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Touch the image to play it... biker knocked down....

I'm just getting a still image as well, even if I click on it. Full site on a laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Still image here also

Maybe someone can post a you tube echo?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Sorry about that, no idea why it won't play automatically.

http://imgur.com/YNiufaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Why didn't he take better evasive action? Could have avoided it I think.( on those speeds anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Why didn't he take better evasive action? Could have avoided it I think.( on those speeds anyway)

I read a comment that said the speed limit on the road is 75mph so could have been going at 80or 85.

But looks like the banana was going to drop to the left so he moved right, but then it caught and swung around on him.

A lot of bikers in America are only used to driving on straight lines fast tho, and the answer to everything is 'had to put er down' so it's hard to know if he had the skills and just got caught out or hoped to just outrun the obstacle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

Youtube shows it clearer he didn't have a lot of time to as site owner said when the foam starts rolling to right he has no time to react. He might have made it he had stayed going right but then he's swinging into the other lane.

Always give trailers a wide berth when driving the amount with unsecured loads no lights or just driving much to fast. Had a mattress fall out on the motorway in the lane beside me in France this summer and more than a few caravans swaying around the place being driven at well over the 130km limit.

Caught up a guy last week pulling a horsebox at around 11pm no light board or even any reflectors on the trailer. Only I caught a brief glimpse of a tail light as he'd went around a bend I wouldn't have know he was there till I was nearly on top of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2c771897d40249f877dba9be6a1883fc.png

Over 2 years ago.
    You reckon he has the wallpaper back on his knees and uses proper clothing on bike nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Probably target fixation.
    Yeah he could have easily avoided that.
    If he stayed in the position he was in he would have even avoided it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I disagree Blade1 ... Possibly target fixation but he only had 2-3 seconds from when the yellow foam came completely loose to when he hit it. He looked to be moving to his right and then the foam goes in his way. Not enough time to fully react or get out of its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GBX wrote: »
    I disagree Blade1 ... Possibly target fixation but he only had 2-3 seconds from when the yellow foam came completely loose to when he hit it. He looked to be moving to his right and then the foam goes in his way. Not enough time to fully react or get out of its way.
    I've had closer ones than that.
    I'd be well disappointed with myself if I hit that.

I was thinking the same about avoidance
    looks to me like he stayed pretty much straight when a swerve to left or right would have avoided
    also, his braking was late and slow
    but then I don't drive a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

He did a better job of trying to jump it than trying to avoid it.
    Just a bit more weight to the right on the landing and we'd all be oohing and aahing at his bike skills instead.
    Boat owner should get the full punishment for that.
    I see a lot of boats getting pulled on motorways across Europe over the summer and they're usually very well secured and pulled responsibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Could he have done better - yes. I'd be disappointed myself if I didnt avoid that. Have had a few close ones on the bike for sure.

I'm giving him benefit of the doubt in that he did attempt to slow and pull right then it rolls straight in his path.

Tough lesson learned for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I cant figure out why he didnt just slow down tbh.

He seems very late on the brakes as if he is looking elsewhere, a full 2 seconds before he hits them....he also seems to be catching up on the trailer which I wouldnt have advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

In the polish dashcam, was the cannonball run on? they seem to not want to or are unable to avoid an avoidable crash?

They dont give an inch.
    They are my kind of people
    :D

• Advertisement

is that second one front wheel drive?
    probably gonna be stuck there for a while

Poster mentioned they lifted her of that block.
    Yes... her.

inforfun wrote: »
    Poster mentioned they lifted her of that block.
    Yes... her.

c'mon.
    did anyone expect otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Seve OB wrote: »
    c'mon.

Funny you should say that. I came across a post van high and dry on a large rock. When I was returning about an 30 minutes later there was a tow truck lifting the van of said rock. The postman was looking on sheepishly. There's now a patch of black oil around that rock, so engine sump penetrated.

Seve OB wrote: »
    c'mon.

In a car like that?
    Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have never understood the fascination with planes landing but today's wind brought out a lot of plane spotters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

All dying for a fireball. Sadistic whures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭josip

Damien360 wrote: »
    I have never understood the fascination with planes landing but today's wind brought out a lot of plane spotters
    Patww79 wrote: »
    All dying for a fireball. Sadistic whures.

There might be a more logical reason for all the cars there today.
    Most of the people who go 'plane spotting' are usually ordinary people waiting to collect a family member from an incoming flight.
    Many of these will wait to be phoned and collect from Departures rather than going to Arrivals and parking.
    It's much more interesting to go and watch the planes land and take off with an 8 year old than sit in a car park somewhere.

Most of the time we hear jet engines, we're either in the plane or the airport.
    They're very impressive up close in the open.

Today, there were probably a lot of flight delays which meant people were waiting longer and would have accounted for at least some of the additional cars you see there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement