Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

josip wrote: »
    There might be a more logical reason for all the cars there today.
    Most of the people who go 'plane spotting' are usually ordinary people waiting to collect a family member from an incoming flight.
    Many of these will wait to be phoned and collect from Departures rather than going to Arrivals and parking.
    It's much more interesting to go and watch the planes land and take off with an 8 year old than sit in a car park somewhere.

Most of the time we hear jet engines, we're either in the plane or the airport.
    They're very impressive up close in the open.

Today, there were probably a lot of flight delays which meant people were waiting longer and would have accounted for at least some of the additional cars you see there.
    All waiting for this
    Watching those "glorified taxi drivers" earning their wages

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Damien360 wrote: »

Jesus, if that pees you off you need to get off the road!! Maybe look at his number plate too, he might not be that familiar with the road

Take a chill pill I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    That's not true at all. Plenty of people go to just watch aircraft take-off/land. Done it myself many a time

I meant all the extra ones because it was windy. Looking for the viral video.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Jesus, if that pees you off you need to get off the road!! Maybe look at his number plate too, he might not be that familiar with the road

Take a chill pill I'd say!

I'd be calm and collected on the road but rubber neckers get a blast of the horn if I see the car ahead taking off or worse the break lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

ganmo wrote: »
    I'd be calm and collected on the road but rubber neckers get a blast of the horn if I see the car ahead taking off or worse the break lights!

Agreed. Absolutely infuriating being late for something because people are nosey.

Its also dangerous. If car b cranes the head over to look at something and doesn't realize car a stopped due to some other reason then you have an even bigger hold up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭josip

I noticed a couple of times out foreign over the summer when an accident happened on the motorway, the police or someone put screens all around it.
    Couldn't make out much more than that; I was doing 130 on the other side both times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I noticed a couple of times out foreign over the summer when an accident happened on the motorway, the police or someone put screens all around it.
    Couldn't make out much more than that; I was doing 130 on the other side both times :)

Here's an article about them. Bit old but you get the jist.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/screens-used-to-stop-motorists-peering-into-crash-sites-deployed-just-77-times-in-recent-years-10462893.html

Putinbot wrote: »
    I remember driving along a UK motorway in the 1990s and there was a crash on the opposite carriageway, the police used a novel way to stop rubber necking.

They got the biggest ugliest motorcycle cop to park his bike on the central reservation and stare straight into the eyes of oncoming motorists! :eek:

It worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Agreed. Absolutely infuriating being late for something because people are nosey.

Its also dangerous. If car b cranes the head over to look at something and doesn't realize car a stopped due to some other reason then you have an even bigger hold up.

I suspect that's what happened last year with that fatal crash on the other side of the N4, someone rubbernecking and caused an accident.

iz3n86.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

ganmo wrote: »

And in causing yourself that stress, you save yourself what? 5 seconds?
    I used to get stressed in traffic. I have given up, what's the point. You will be a long time saving 1 minute being an agressive ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

you wouldn't offer the innocent party your footage I guess?

Yeah, I think it's important to get the footage to the Corsa driver or their insurers somehow.
    The A-class could claim they pulled across them and they'd no chance to break.
    It looked to me like the Corsa driver didn't take any details from the CLK witness? They might regret not doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Nearly took the cyclist out with the other wing for good measure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah, I think it's important to get the footage to the Corsa driver or their insurers somehow.
    It looked to me like the Corsa driver didn't take any details from the CLK witness? They might regret not doing that.

I guess people aren't thinking in these situations, but this will bite them. If I had to guess I'd say the A class was one their phone given their slow reaction on all fronts. Slow to move off when traffic moved, didn't even see the Corsa, and then took an absolute age to stop after the hit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If I had to guess I'd say the A class was one their phone given their slow reaction on all fronts. Slow to move off when traffic moved, didn't even see the Corsa, and then took an absolute age to stop after the hit.

100% the A-class was not watching the road, most likely saw the car in front pulling away in their peripheral vision, and followed suit without really looking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

And in causing yourself that stress, you save yourself what? 5 seconds?
    I used to get stressed in traffic. I have given up, what's the point. You will be a long time saving 1 minute being an agressive ****

its the risk of causing another crash I care about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

A-Class drivers window looks steamy too, and rear passenger window looks open as well

I'd say the CLK driver just said they seen nothing. Best not be involved.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd say the CLK driver just said they seen nothing. Best not be involved.

At 1:33 the CLK driver actively gets the attention of the Corsa driver.
    What do you mean by 'Best not be involved' ?

At 1:33 the CLK driver actively gets the attention of the Corsa driver.
    What do you mean by 'Best not be involved' ?

Strange they didn't get details then.

I mean exactly what I said. Keep going and get on with your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've removed the cycling camera post as it is not a dashcam. It can be discussed on the cycling forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057720914&page=392

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I didn't realise giving dashcam footage or a witness statement would result in being whacked by Tony Soprano.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Sunday morning entertainment from Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

tedpan wrote: »
    Sunday morning entertainment from Oz

Very appropriate sound track @ 9:38

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Damien360 wrote: »
    This is a bugbear of mine
    Calling crashes or collisions 'accidents' is a bugbear of mine. RSA don't call them accidents. Gardai don't call them accidents.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Best not be involved.
    And same if we see some idiot causing a grand or two of damage to your car and blaming it on you? You'd prefer no-one gets involved to ensure that justice is done?

Truckermal wrote: »
    If only the wall had some of that magic hi-vis the RSA keep promoting, I'm sure everything would have been all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭granturismo

If only the wall had some of that magic hi-vis the RSA keep promoting, I'm sure everything would have been all right.

Wrong jurisdiction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement