Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If it was, shame on them for allowing him continue to nearly crash numerous times possibly injuring some innocent person.

Even if it was, there wouldn't be a lot they could do on the motorway on their own with a driver like that. The motorway was relatively quiet and giving chase could create more danger than there actually was. Pick him/her up at one of the slips/the roundabout at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yeah, I just had a look at the end of the video there, rear light clusters don't seem to match.

In the M50 video, was that a garda Hyundai tailing it after it almost hit the poster?

Nope, no Gardai presence yesterday. He was in 3rd line constantly after Finglas interchange, despite empty other lines. After Ballymune exit he rapidly start changing lines and dangerously approached me. After near missed me he went towards airport almost hitting another van, desperately moving between hard shoulder and other lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Hurrache wrote: »
    Even if it was, there wouldn't be a lot they could do on the motorway on their own with a driver like that. The motorway was relatively quiet and giving chase could create more danger than there actually was. Pick him/her up at one of the slips/the roundabout at the end.

At least pull up in front of him and flick the lights on and hope he stops the car, if he doesn't then force him to stop.
    They are there to make sure people like this don't do harm to other people. By letting him freely drive like this and do what he wants that is not protecting others.

Anyway, the car wasn't Guards as confirmed above, so lets not get off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

from the near miss cycling thread
    silverharp wrote: »
    another Dublin taxi driver who will be made famous , absolute loon , crosses a main road to go after a cyclist

https://twitter.com/ArranBolger/status/1047744273339338752

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

^^^^

https://streamable.com/2i9gy

Easier to go full screen.

As for that taxi driver:

retard.jpe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ganmo wrote: »
    from the near miss cycling thread

What a muppet. I hope he gets his taxi licence and driving licence taken off him. He deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

inforfun wrote: »
    ^^^^

https://streamable.com/2i9gy

Easier to go full screen.

As for that taxi driver:
    Seve OB wrote: »

FuAgGuS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I thought full retard was that he ran him off the bike or went into a light pole or something.

I still believe the superb one was worse.

Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Skatedude wrote: »
    That needs to be reported to the guards,

Definately report it to the Gards, there is a strong possibility that it may have been someone wrenching at the wheel in an attempt to get the car to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

josip wrote: »
    Jesus, that's emotional to watch.
    You don't get much more A-lister than that.

Completely. I don't know why but I always well up when I see **** like that. Reminds you that there's a lot of good people out there who really come together when the need is urgently there. I hope none of my colleagues look over in my direction right now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

andersat2 wrote: »
    M50 is a very dangerous place.
    Happened to me last night around midnight.
    Drunk or overdosed driver almost hit me and other van.

It may be nothing, and I'm only going by the dark colour of the saloon car and can't really make out the make & model... but might be related to this crash an hour or two later in Drumcondra ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/gardai-investigate-after-man-crashes-stolen-car-and-flees-scene-37383818.html

rgodard80a wrote: »
    It may be nothing, and I'm only going by the dark colour of the saloon car and can't really make out the make & model... but might be related to this crash an hour or two later in Drumcondra ?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/gardai-investigate-after-man-crashes-stolen-car-and-flees-scene-37383818.html

This was already mentioned a page or 2 back.
    The crashed car is a VW Passat and the car in the dash cam video is a BMW.

rgodard80a wrote: »

That was posted 5 hours ago.

It is a totally different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought full retard was that he ran him off the bike or went into a light pole or something.

I still believe the superb one was worse.

Shocking stuff.

Whats the Superb one?

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the Superb one?

He actually drives into cyclist knocking him off.

Close to newcomen bridge(north strand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The lad on the bike must have done something fairly bad to warrant it.

Patww79 wrote: »

He was cycling in the bus lane which is also a cycle lane and kept out a safe distance.

The video is of course bike mounted but and not suitable for here but easily found.

I think it was a 2014 white one if I recall.

Cyclist was beeped at and close pass so he said it when passing the taxi driver then chased him down and hit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

He was cycling in the bus lane which is also a cycle lane and kept out a safe distance.

The video is of course bike mounted but and not suitable for here but easily found.

I think it was a 2014 white one if I recall.

Cyclist was beeped at and close pass so he said it when passing the taxi driver then chased him down and hit him.

I mean the one linked a page back. Never seen the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

What might a cyclist do that would warrant being targeted and hit with a car? Please suggest a few likely examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The white Skoda one was in blanch village.
    Other was a silver one if I recall correctly around fairview area.
    All 3 were nothing short of shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Seve OB wrote: »
    The white Skoda one was in blanch village.
    Other was a silver one if I recall correctly around fairview area.
    All 3 were nothing short of shocking.

It was a grey Scoda at the five lamps Amian Street.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It was a grey Scoda at the five lamps Amian Street.

Sorry I mixed up colour

Mixed it up big time, it's a 2007 silver/grey Passat and the guy was cycling to work but dark at the time.

Just passing the flats and the taxi overtakes and flicks in a contact is made knocking cyclist off.

Taxi driver drives off and cyclist catches up and he states the cyclist was abusing him and it was an accident.

The taxi driver wanted him to move over which he doesn't have to and the road was dead quiet anyway so he had a ton of room to pass as there is 2 lanes on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Draw your own conclusions on this idiot.. https://youtu.be/uHO5A8VleB0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭yannakis

Skatedude wrote: »
    That needs to be reported to the guards,

And they will ask him to testify in court. Against an obvious lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Or the fella in the taxi is an absolute w**ker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That video is wanton endangerment, good god driving on to the pavement - was he really seriously going to go after him. Seriously something psychologically wrong when you go that far. The guy needs taking off the road - no matter what may happened before. May get away with it in Nigeria but not here. Absolute danger on the road.
    As for the guy pissed outta his head on the motorway, woulda been straight on to 999 - he was gonna kill someone at those speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

All it takes is a WTF wave of the hand to sent some drivers in to an absalute rage Patww. I arrived at a junction today, the car behind me wasn't indicating right (lane went right or straight ahead) I looked back to see if he had an indicator on (he didn't) so I dragged the bike and positioned myself to the right (almost in the hatchings) to allow him room to go ahead instead of blocking him. He rolled down the window and asked me what the problem was and why was I looking at the front of his car. I told him I was making room for him, real friendly!! He then turned on his indicator and roared abuse at me!

I was being helpful. There's a lot of angry drivers out there. There's lots of really good, considerate drivers out there too though!

Edit. The dashcam videos are pretty intuitive on this and the last thread. Thanks to all uploading.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Like what, please elaborate on what warrants such dangerous behavior?
    Go on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement